Drag Strip Mode 3rd Gear

FrankM5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401a package
So I had the car in drag strip mode and whenever I get to 3rd gear full throttle the car like jolts to the left it bangs that gear so bad it feels like you lost control and are going straight to the left wall it only happens in this mode and in 3rd gear anyone have any ideas? Is this normal ?
Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Are you spinning through first and second? Sounds like a traction issue and third is when it finally decides to try and hook, but you’re already on the brink of the car making a quick “lane change” due to loss of traction.

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bones
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE MT
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, drag mode has tried to kill me a few times at the track...I can't wait to go back and use it again!

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
So I had the car in drag strip mode and whenever I get to 3rd gear full throttle the car like jolts to the left it bangs that gear so bad it feels like you lost control and are going straight to the left wall it only happens in this mode and in 3rd gear anyone have any ideas? Is this normal ?
If the tune is the stock Ford tune, I don't think that's normal. At least I have not experienced it on my 2018. If stock, I would take it to the dealership and ask them to check to see if the PCM needs a reflash or something.
Personally, my 1/4 mile times are the same whether in drag mode, track or normal. I just turn off advancetrac.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
If the tune is the stock Ford tune, I don't think that's normal. At least I have not experienced it on my 2018. If stock, I would take it to the dealership and ask them to check to see if the PCM needs a reflash or something.
Personally, my 1/4 mile times are the same whether in drag mode, track or normal. I just turn off advancetrac.
Interesting. When stock, I could not get out the the 12s in Sport+, normal or track. Drag mode instantly gave me an 11.89 and I never used anything else at the strip. Love it.

OP
OP
FrankM5

FrankM5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401a package
Yeah
Are you spinning through first and second? Sounds like a traction issue and third is when it finally decides to try and hook, but you’re already on the brink of the car making a quick “lane change” due to loss of traction.
I do be spinning on stock tires this could possibly be it to be honest because my ecoboost hehe wouldn’t do anything near this type of behavior ofc knowing the difference in power but it just was weird
Sponsored