Votes: 9 12.9%

• Total voters

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
So, you're privileged to purchase a new Mustang (new, not used).
How long before you start modding?

- Immediately
- After the first payment
- After warranty expires
- I do not mod my cars
Sponsored

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
i mod ASAP. start with tint. actually i start by doing small free things like plastidipping the front pony black while i'm waiting for my tint appointment. then i do wheels and lowering springs/shocks/struts. then exhaust if the factory system is lame (like my old 2012 GT), then start doing other small appearance things like spoilers and splitters, decklid panels, vinyl wrap on certain sections if i want like a black roof on a white car, etc.. usually i will also do a tune during this time period. then after driving my car on the lowering kit for a while, I start correcting things I don't like about my steering and handling. after my pedders kit i really only have an issue with the steering. my steeda strut tower brace helped and the steeda lateral links with extended ball joints will help with the rest. if i start getting annoyed by bump steer then i will get a bump steer kit, but it's not too bad right now and i don't see the point in throwing parts at it if i don't feel it's very flawed. the last thing i do is usually a steering wheel swap and start thinking about forced induction, which i never get around to doing because i just end up getting a new car after a few years

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I voted for "I do not mod my car", which isn't entirely true. I wouldn't mod a newer model car I don't intend to keep, because it tends to have an adverse effect on resale and you don't recover the cost of the mods. But, I have no problem modding "hobby" cars.

Unlike most people here, I do not want my cars to attract attention. But, I will do the Steeda jacking rails.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
First, what do you want the car for? Do you want to race at a drag strip, or a track? Do you want a highway cruiser, or a back road curve carver? Do you want a show car to take to car shows? Once you decide that, then that will determine when and how to mod the car.

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Before you buy it should have been an option

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
I've voted for right away - but with that said I have my limits.

I want to keep the warranty, so some mods will have to wait. But when my MY2020 some day will announce it's arrival it will be modded with tint, X-pipe, sequential tail lights, K&N filter, and JLT oil seperators right away :rockon:

OP
OP
ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Doesn't sequential tail lights, come standard now?

I've voted for right away - but with that said I have my limits.

I want to keep the warranty, so some mods will have to wait. But when my MY2020 some day will announce it's arrival it will be modded with tint, X-pipe, sequential tail lights, K&N filter, and JLT oil seperators right away :rockon:

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
Doesn't sequential tail lights, come standard now?
I'm located in EU - we get the good looking clear glass tail lights but the way they light up looks broken, haha

Running light: all 3 bars is dimmed red
Brake light: The 2 bars most center gets brigther red (what the... looks like the most outer bar has a broken brake light)
Turn signal: the most outer bar is flashing amber.
I have seen some do a sequential install on original EU tail lights but it looks even more horrible when the order goes; RED - RED - AMBER

Long story short... I've ordered ned tail lights where all 3 bars have running light, brake light and the turn signal is programmable between sequential and cursor amber.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I told myself I would wait on mods this time around...lasted about 2 days when I got windows tinted and did the drop in air filter. Then when parts came in a week later I changed out upper and lower grilles to delete pony and deck lid to delete GT and black 5.0's to replace chrome ones. Also did the X pipe before kind of slowing down. Traveling for work now so when I get home this per diem/mod fund will get spent on more goodies. Thinking 4.09 gears and some sort of a tune package like what Ford now has but more hp per $. Soooo I failed at waiting to mod unless we get technical and then I succeeded at waiting about 2 days.

Sponsored

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
In no hurry to do performance mods. Other mods a little bit at a time.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Before immediately LOL plan ahead as they say.

A week before picking up the car, had rails, X pipe & Cold air box on the shop floor.

X pipe & rails installed, in a holding pattern at the moment on the intake change.

More milage clicks needed to reach the first oil change. At that time, will have the dealer install the Roush L1 tune. The hard parts will get installed at the house.

Got a feeling I'm in for a surprise, with a tune & intake conversion.

Run K&N on all my cars, including the wife's. Judging from those conversions, K&N never fails to deliver a smile for a driver.

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Before immediately LOL plan ahead as they say.

A week before picking up the car, had rails, X pipe & Cold air box on the shop floor.

X pipe & rails installed, in a holding pattern at the moment on the intake change.

More milage clicks needed to reach the first oil change. At that time, will have the dealer install the Roush L1 tune. The hard parts will get installed at the house.

Got a feeling I'm in for a surprise, with a tune & intake conversion.

Run K&N on all my cars, including the wife's. Judging from those conversions, K&N never fails to deliver a smile for a driver.
i didn't notice a seat of the pants difference with my drop in, i just like using them because i figure it's 1-2hp for 50 bucks or so. better than nothing

Justin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grabber Lime GT Premium
Immediately, as far as appearance is concerned. Got my car end of March, and already have tinted lights, front splitter, side splitters, and spoiler done. Tinted windows and wrapped vents up next. Exhaust will be done in August. I'm fine with the way it performs stock for now.