Has your club canceled summer events?

Flipping Bird

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Ecoboost Mustang 6MT
With the pandemic going on, has your club cancelled summer shows / events? Let's help each other out by sharing our experience. There is reluctance around here to cancel events. I am trying to get an April event canceled for crying out loud. What is your club planning?
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
id hope so.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
OP, if they don't cancel perhaps you should not attend. I guess they haven't seen the news of COVID19 widespread after events, such as funerals, cookouts, etc.

OP
OP

Flipping Bird

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Ecoboost Mustang 6MT
It's not today. It's summer I am worried about. After emailing club execs they decided to cancel all events thru end of May, which I support. They don't want to let go of the June car show, but I don't see that happening.

Sponsored

TrevorGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
race red 2015 GT
Most shows and events have canceled around me. At least the shows into June.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Most likely they would cancel those as the time gets closer. Heck some people are optimistic that restrictions will be lifted soon.

It's not today. It's summer I am worried about. After emailing club execs they decided to cancel all events thru end of May, which I support. They don't want to let go of the June car show, but I don't see that happening.

dbegley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package 401a
Vehicle Showcase
SAAC just cancelled their Summer Convention. My local club cancelled the June show. The August one is not cancelled yet. One of my friends told me the impromptu car events held around the metro areas are still drawing people and cars. Wonder if the Governor will send the State Patrol to these car events?
Sponsored