Sponsored

Rear Subframe Dampers - Necessary?

Radiation Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost PP Manual Recaro
I've noticed that every video I've seen of the rear subframe never shows these dampers that are on mine. Any issues with removing them? They're relatively heavy, mounted in soft rubber. I've got the Steeda subframe support system already installed, so I don't think these dampers are doing anything but adding weight at this point.
full?d=1587236564.jpg

full?d=1587236564.jpg
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I'm thinking those things could be specific to an EB with manual transmission, and I imagine that they'd only be there to suppress particular vibration frequencies.

Norm

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
You will hear whining and clunking. I suggest getting poly inserts to test out if you like the feel before going with solid mounts.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I'm thinking those things could be specific to an EB with manual transmission, and I imagine that they'd only be there to suppress particular vibration frequencies.

Norm
I have a manual 5.0 PP1 and have those bushings too.

chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2019 Bullitt and had one on the passenger side rear diff bolt. Did not reuse it when I installed the diff bushing lock outs. After install I have clunking in the rear. Been wondering if reinstalling the damper would help. Also not sure if it can be used with lock outs.
Sponsored