After production stops

Fly950

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Accord Pilot Ram
After looking for a year I found a 2019 in the color I want without the Recaro’s. 400 miles, Ford buyback for an engine failure. For the discounted price I’m not concerned about the numbers matching or the hit to the resell.

My concern is after production stops what availability of replacement engines will Ford offer? What would the cost of a rebuild be if you had to have it done on your own nickel?

I love the looks and sound of the car and I realize the chances of an engine failure are not high but it is an issue.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
I think they will have parts and engines around for 5 years or so. After that if it goes poof I doubt you will get a factory rebuild engine. In 10 years all the factory parts will be scavenged up and in 20 years we may have lots of paperweights laying around. I’ll be too old to drive by then so I don’t give a shit.

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
I’ll be too old to drive by then so I don’t give a shit.
LMAOOOOOOO. Love this response.

After a few years, the aftermarket takes over. Honestly if you have no warranty at that time there is zero reason to go with factory engine rebuild. Aftermarket engine builders use superior parts and avoid that famous "Detroit precision"...

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
When the 5 year power train runs out, drive it off a cliff and wave. You’ve had too much fun in the memory banks to stuff any more in there.
Sponsored