2019 mustang GT whipple build of new motor

Peedystablo82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT pp Paxton e85
I have the Whipple Gen 5 3.0 and pushing around 1k whp and 817 torque right now. My motor is completely stock and it's holding up pretty decent for right now.

Obviously, this won't last for long I'm assuming and I don't want to be down for months. I got a good deal from a very reputable dealer that is going to supply and build me a bottom end with sleeves to handle 1500whp.

I'm looking for my motor to handle between 20 psi and 23 PSI. Bottom end will be good, but what are your recommendations for the top end. I'm assuming upgraded valve springs would be able to handle 20 psi, but would I have to upgrade anything else in the top end for it to handle 23psi or so? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Some kind of o ring, embossed or beaded head gaskets for sure.

OP
OP
Peedystablo82

Peedystablo82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
I'm sure I'm gonna need valves, springs and retainers?

Sponsored

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
If the stock valve springs are holding rpm now, then just a refresh with stock springs will do. I'd be more concerned about too stiff springs collapsing the lash adjusters than boost blowing the intakes open. On the exhaust, boost doesn't affect how the springs work.

OP
OP
Peedystablo82

Peedystablo82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, my car only has 3,500 miles on it. So I'm assuming the springs and everything are still pretty good. my car is actually going into the shop this week to get the McLeod clutches and circle D put in along with the ice tank and a few other things. My built motor is coming soon though and I just want to make sure I have everything in order when I do this.
Sponsored