Sponsored

Fiesta ST to Mustang GT

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Yes it depends whether the market values circa 7k more on a post facelift with a bit more hp and digital dash, especially with the contreversial post facelift front end. People may just want to get into a Mustang and don't care if it is pre or post facelift. Looking at values of my 17 it is definitely holding up well when looking at percentage depreciation and that only pay ÂŁ140 a year tax.
It always the same, a facelift comes out and people who own pre-facelifts bang on about how the facelift isn't as nice and people who purchased the facelift bang on about how much better the facelift is, like me :sunglasses:

I love the way we all dumb down the things when we want to, i am guilty too. In the face lifted Mustangs case the improved BHP up from what 410bhp to 444bhp, redline higher and the actual engine changes which aren't exactly minor along with the active exhaust which is pretty darn good and then compare it to road tax being cheaper, that pesky digital dash and a pretty loose correlation to depreciation based on sticker prices not actual price paid.

Some of the 0% APR deals on Mustangs before Christmas made a lot of sense. It actual made a ÂŁ46k Mustang cheaper than a ÂŁ39500 Mustang at the silly 7% apr over 38 months, and that's if you paid full price!!!! I assume better APR rates did happen on the pre-facelift but I am just trying to make a point, parameters are always changing and depreciation of both cars IMO will ultimately reach equilibrium in the end when all things are considered. Early adopters of Mustangs did well though looking at original prices when they first came out.

Both great cars as I said, love them both, I view the facelift as evolution of something already brilliant.
Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Both great cars as I said, love them both, I view the facelift as evolution of something already brilliant.
This ^ couldn't agree more.

Suppose it depends on your budget. You'll pay a bit more for the face lift, but you get quite a bit more for it in features and performance.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Some of the 0% APR deals on Mustangs before Christmas made a lot of sense. It actual made a ÂŁ46k Mustang cheaper than a ÂŁ39500 Mustang at the silly 7% apr over 38 months, and that's if you paid full price!!!! I assume better APR rates did happen on the pre-facelift but I am just trying to make a point, parameters are always changing and depreciation of both cars IMO will ultimately reach equilibrium in the end when all things are considered. Early adopters of Mustangs did well though looking at original prices when they first came out.
Well yeah if you paid 7% APR then can't help you!

Although pre facelift were about ÂŁ38-39k fully speced. I was diplomatic and said the refresh front end was controversial - let's leave it at that! I had the option to go with the refresh or stick with my 17 order.
The market will decide and that will translate into the differences in the general depreciation percentages - of course the chosen spec will have a bearing. I agree the post facelift is a mechanical improvement but to what price do people put on an additional 8% hp for example? Who knows?!

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I wonder if the rumored Mach 1 s550 will closely match the face lift - as per the Bullitt. That could have an impact of future values too.

I like to think that's why the '67+ Mustangs are are more sought after, as I've always preferred the original '64 design.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
I just wish Ford would give us the real deal with the GT350 rather than all these gimmicky anniversary editions. Although be interesting to see what happens in 2021/22 and which variations Ford UK decides to grace us with. It's gonna be difficult though with the emission regulations, although it may be a plug in hybrid?! But that's fine with me if I can choose when to have electric and when to have combustion.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Liam O

Liam O

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue Mustang GT Shadow Edition
So I thought I best update this thread! Bit the bullet and purchased a 2018(67 Plate) Grabber Blue Shadow Edition last weekend :rockon:

Mustang.jpg

Couldn't be happier! (Except for going through almost 3 tanks of fuel in the space of a week :crackup:)

Car is totally standard and barely used, only 2600 miles. The 100 mile drive home was full of snow and heavy rain which was certainly interesting for my first drive but on the plus side managed to get 33mpg.

Got a few plans lined up for it, exhaust, spoiler etc so might make a dedicated thread for it.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
maybe start with switching out the pzero's to something not shit if you're in a snowy/rainy area

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
So I thought I best update this thread! Bit the bullet and purchased a 2018(67 Plate) Grabber Blue Shadow Edition last weekend :rockon:

Mustang.jpg

Couldn't be happier! (Except for going through almost 3 tanks of fuel in the space of a week :crackup:)

Car is totally standard and barely used, only 2600 miles. The 100 mile drive home was full of snow and heavy rain which was certainly interesting for my first drive but on the plus side managed to get 33mpg.

Got a few plans lined up for it, exhaust, spoiler etc so might make a dedicated thread for it.
that'll be the only time you see 33mpg :cwl:

looks great I miss my grabber blue :thumbsup:

Pilgrim/uk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
GT Yellow
great colour grabber blue nearly as good as yellow lol enjoy mate

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Nice and you will love it.

mpg wise the mustang is Jekyll and and Hyde imo. Driven with even an ounce of gustu it’s fairly bad (I don’t care and didn’t expect anything else) but I did a 230 mile trip on Saturday and it returned 36mpg. My m2 wouldn’t have managed anymore driven the same way.
The m2 was better mpg wise in general though however the amount of people who really enjoy and comment on the mustang in such a positive way is frankly unbelievable and actually really nice to experience.

Sponsored

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Tyre wise I can really recommend Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. They compared to mpss and contis that I had on both my BMWs are an absolute revelation particularly in the wet and cold, the mustang feels so planted and grippy . Over on a fair few BMW M forums they seem to be the go to tyre and thankfully ford fitted them as standard to mine. Are they the default from factory for GTs?

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Tyre wise I can really recommend Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. They compared to mpss and contis that I had on both my BMWs are an absolute revelation particularly in the wet and cold, the mustang feels so planted and grippy . Over on a fair few BMW M forums they seem to be the go to tyre and thankfully ford fitted them as standard to mine. Are they the default from factory for GTs?
2018 model onwards GT’s get the MP4S’s as standard, sadly the ecoboosts still have to deal with Pirellis P Zero grips.

Silver Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
GT 5.0 mannual
Welcome aboard nice colour.
Did the insurance really work out cheaper than the ST?

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2017, Ford Fiesta ST200.
I've not been here for a while

You'll love the Mustang, mine had to go last year. (I moved house and parking something that size was proving difficult.)

I went back to my hot hatch roots and bought a MK4 Focus ST. So i thought I'd give my prospective on it

What do I miss

The look
The road presence
The Iconic nature of it
The turning heads
The user community, I do miss you guys (the FoST one is laughable)

What do I not miss

The size
The turning circle
The turning heads that made me worry everytime I parked and left it
The auto box
The build quality.

I loved my Mustang, the way that car made me feel everytime I got in it was amazing. I smiled all the time. The way I felt driving it was incredible.

As a driver's car I think Focus is better, it's handles much better due to the size and weight difference. Its also built better than the Stang. It's more anonymous so I don't worry so much when she's parked up. It doesn't make me smile in same way, after all it's not an icon. No one comments, no one turns there head - I miss that. But as a fun driver's car the Focus beats it IMO.

Would I buy another Mustang if circumstances where different, yes, hands down. But I wouldn't have it as my only fun car.

Enjoy the icon.

I hope you guys are all staying safe
Sponsored