Montoya

Montoya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Sooo sorry about your engine; there’s another post from our forum in a failure caused by a broken valve with a squished spark plug ? Is the same? I’m assuming you followed the breaking in procedure! What odo did it happen at ? Curious as I’m also a “ R” owner (2016) ! Thanks for this wonderful trip post
Do you think the improperly installed wiring harness had anything to do with engine failure?
Are you F'ing kidding me. This is the second 2020 to post what appears on the surface so far to be a similar failure. I too am curious at what mileage it let go and how was break in performed since you were instantly on a road trip.

OP, really sorry to hear this. Your trip shouldn't have turned into this nightmare. I feel for you, big time.
Of course I followed the break in. After first hundred miles it was a road trip across Texas into NM. 720 miles on it approximately. Haven’t touched redline yet.

Oh forgot to reply regarding the wire harness. There is no way 20 miles of driving with the check engine light should cause the motor to fail. Even if the fuel air ratio was screwed up because of it it shouldn't lead to catastrophic failure. Plus I drove easy once I realized what was happening. No, I would say that the motor had a defect of some kind- valve, crank or something else let go and it seized. It happened backing up so I wasn't even driving it hard when it happened.
Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Wow.... I can’t even imagine...

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
Beautiful car and sorry to hear about your nightmare. Sounds like it had issues from the moment you got it. It does show that things can happen, although rare, whether it’s a 2016 or 2020 Gt350.

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
This is so disappointing, Montoya! Gosh darn that is a terrible way to start with your car. I really hope they get it fixed soon and reimburse you for your trouble.

By the way, I saw Jesse from Blackjack yesterday and he told me they ended up installing your new tires - I hope that at least that part of your journey went ok!

OP
OP
Montoya

Montoya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Wow.... I can’t even imagine...
Beautiful car and sorry to hear about your nightmare. Sounds like it had issues from the moment you got it. It does show that things can happen, although rare, whether it’s a 2016 or 2020 Gt350.
Yes- thanks guys for the sympathy. It really is a big bummer.

This is so disappointing, Montoya! Gosh darn that is a terrible way to start with your car. I really hope they get it fixed soon and reimburse you for your trouble.

By the way, I saw Jesse from Blackjack yesterday and he told me they ended up installing your new tires - I hope that at least that part of your journey went ok!
Hahaha! Billy is a character! Blackjack did a great job and squeezed us in at the last minute. Quizzed me about the mismatched front and rear tires but when I explained he agreed with me that this was the best solution.

I'm going to start a new thread about all the issues with the motor replacement and resume this thread when I complete the second half of my delivery.

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
Well good I am glad to hear they did a good job for you. Yeah I used to ride sportbikes out in the hill country with Billy 20+ years ago and he is indeed a character! Jesse is the only guy I have used on my good wheels for about 15 years.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your car and I hope everything works out for you. Selfishly, I am really following this thread because I have a 2020 350R on order and I hope this is not something that happens on mine!
Sponsored