FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I have an ecoboost.. so not apples to apples, I love my AWE touring axel back. and you're right, the fit and finish, they look so nice in the exhaust outlets.
19A77F6C-4B78-4711-B95C-C09F64B133D9.jpeg
Sponsored

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
I love the volume level of the touring cat back. Itā€™s hard to tell the volume and tone in videos, but Bmacā€™s does sound pretty good. I finally heard (on a video) a car with the touring cat back, but paired with long tubes. Sounded like and entirely different car and not in a good way
So this has me wondering as I was thinking waaaaaaay down the line that if I go FI, I want LTHs...so it sounded like arse?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So this has me wondering as I was thinking waaaaaaay down the line that if I go FI, I want LTHs...so it sounded like arse?
Additional resonators would be a good idea, but in general I think the catback is tuned much better for the Tri-Y short header primary lengths. Cat deletes would retain most of that sound and are a small percentage difference on peak power for NA.

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Ya I was thinking I would have to add resonators, which isn't a bad thing since I would probably get the 2M headers out of Idaho.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Love the system, glad you like the fitment!!

Sponsored

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Terry I know that was for someone else, but I would like to thank you for the same, I purchased mine from you and I believe I was one of the earliest adopters of this catback and I get a tremendous amount of positive comments from people/lots of thumbs up when driving by people, etc.

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
It was a video so the sound quality wasnā€™t very good. But it was super loud. All of the tone and the ā€œsmoothnessā€ of the awe touring were gone. It just sounded like noise

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
This is what mine sounded like with long tubes

Once I connect the catback again, I'll post another clip to show how it sounds with turbos. Should be a little bit quieter than with the LTs

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2014 FPV F6
I can also attest to the quality and fitment, both of which are superb. It's so beautiful it belongs hanging on a wall on display rather than hidden away under the car.

It virtually took me longer to get my car up and stands than it did to fit the exhaust up!

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
^^^ Agree with all of that. When I unboxed, it was like a beautiful stainless sculpture, the etching of the lettering is superb, and of course the Blow-Pop!

Sponsored

2kblacksleeper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue GT
I Put my AWE track exhaust on my 18 PP1 around September 2019.

The fit and finish was amazing, along with the customer service i received from Terry Reeves.

After about 2-3 months, i ordered the touring mufflers to swap out with basically my strait pipes.
I could not take the drone any longer.

Now that i have the touring mufflers it is fantastic. No drone. Great sound and finish. I live in Ohio and dd the car everyday and through every weather condition.

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Itā€™s just sounds so smooth. Regular price is around $1400 but I got mine during a sale for a little over $1200. That exhaust couldā€™ve been $2k and Iā€™d still buy it every time. Funny thing about that though is that at the American Muscle show in PA last year, when walking through the vendor midway, no one was at the AWE booth. Kinda blew me away but I guess not many people know about this exhaust? Itā€™s up there, but itā€™s not the most expensive exhaust around so Iā€™m not sure why itā€™s overlooked so often

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Itā€™s just sounds so smooth. Regular price is around $1400 but I got mine during a sale for a little over $1200. That exhaust couldā€™ve been $2k and Iā€™d still buy it every time. Funny thing about that though is that at the American Muscle show in PA last year, when walking through the vendor midway, no one was at the AWE booth. Kinda blew me away but I guess not many people know about this exhaust? Itā€™s up there, but itā€™s not the most expensive exhaust around so Iā€™m not sure why itā€™s overlooked so often
They're still pretty new to Mustangs.
Sponsored