Sponsored

Anybody here cover their cars?

13razorbackfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I bought a 7 layer car cover for my 2019 GT but I'm deathly afraid of scratching it. I have found the paint on this and the black 2018 just trade in scratch very easily. I know the obvious answer is to keep in my garage or warehouse but I like driving it every day but I don't like that I have to keep it outdoors in the elements. So am I worried over nothing? Is there a specific brand you guys use and recommend to be easy on the paint? TIA
Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
You said the obvious answer: keep it in the garage. Is there a reason that isn't feasible? I'd be careful about putting it on a dirty car, the cloth moving the dirt across the paint will put small scratches in it in the hug points. Also, it's impractical to put a car cover on and off every day for daily use. I used to cover my Trans Am back in the day, but usually only if I knew I wouldn't be driving it for a couple of days or more.

PistolPete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1, 2008 Dodge Ram Hemi, 2009 Honda Accord
I keep mine in the garage covered! Bought a cheap one from Walmart just to keep the dust off of it!

chowman90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I cover mine as well which is also kept in the garage

OP
OP
13razorbackfan

13razorbackfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Well I'd keep it in the garage but I have so much traffic in and out of my garage that it will for sure get dented and dinged by the people of my household. So its kind of a catch 22. I keep my F250's in my warehouse with my trailers and other equipment but this time of year I'm only out there once a week. When spring rolls around I'll probably keep it out there and drive the trucks home daily.

Good recommendation as far as making sure the car is clean before putting a cover on. I'm going to do a good wipe down with microfiber then put the cover on.

Its frustrating having a garage and not being able to park my Mustang in it due to careless children.

Sponsored

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Using a cover outdoors runs a real risk of getting rocks and debris from the parking lot(?) on the inside of the cover. You will of course drag that across the car.

I wouldn’t cover if outside. It also hinders the paint from drying properly over time.

OP
OP
13razorbackfan

13razorbackfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Using a cover outdoors runs a real risk of getting rocks and debris from the parking lot(?) on the inside of the cover. You will of course drag that across the car.

I wouldn’t cover if outside. It also hinders the paint from drying properly over time.
That's what scares me. Just don't see a easy way around this dilemma. I think it's time to have a family meeting

PistolPete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1, 2008 Dodge Ram Hemi, 2009 Honda Accord
We have a two car garage and 4 boys and they all know I will blow a gasket if the stang gets damaged! I park on the far end away from the entry door so theres no traffic around the car.

OP
OP
13razorbackfan

13razorbackfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
We have a two car garage and 4 boys and they all know I will blow a gasket if the stang gets damaged! I park on the far end away from the entry door so theres no traffic around the car.
I used to park there as well but my last car was dinged here and there and everybody claims its someone else. I should just make them park in the driveway and I park in the middle of the garage maybe they'll get the point