Sponsored

2019 GT: 10K Mile Service

OP
OP

rritaintme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Performance Pack, MagneRide, Active Exhaust)
You need to download and install the FordPass app. They should have told you this when you bought the car. What Ford then does is credit you with 42000 reward points which is equivalent to $210 in cash and can be used on any Ford vehicle at your Ford dealership. Go to owners.ford.com and register your info including your VIN then download the app. Anytime you go to a Ford dealership and buy Ford parts you will get rewards points much like using rewards on a CC.
I have the app and regularly use it to keep an eye on the car and start it every now and then.

do you know where in the app I would see points? I see nothing other than location and vehicle stats.

A7F3A87D-2739-4737-83C5-84E848E7B42A.jpeg
Sponsored

13razorbackfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I have the app and regularly use it to keep an eye on the car and start it every now and then.

do you know where in the app I would see points? I see nothing other than location and vehicle stats.

Yes...click account at the bottom right then click FordPass Rewards and it will show you your rewards. Now if you haven't gone to the link I posted and entered it into Fords database your rewards may not show up

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019

You had to do some steps in the first 60 days, load the app, set up and account, active the cars internal modem. There are ways to sign up if your car does not have the modem. but it was all based on 60 days and the dealer should have told you. Could maybe call ford and ask if there is anything you can do now to still get them since dealer did not inform you of this program. its 42,000 points which ford says is good for first three services I do believe.
Screenshot_4.png

13razorbackfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
You had to do some steps in the first 60 days, load the app, set up and account, active the cars internal modem. There are ways to sign up if your car does not have the modem. but it was all based on 60 days and the dealer should have told you. Could maybe call ford and ask if there is anything you can do now to still get them since dealer did not inform you of this program.
Screenshot_4.png
Didn't know that thanks for posting. I'm really glad my dealership told me about it.

torqued

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
If they offer you a package, called "10K service" or whatever, and you agree to it, you've agreed to whatever's in it, they don't need to ask about the individual items because they're not extra things beyond what was already agreed to.

The "honest" stealerships will offer you something like a "recommended 10K service" or whatever interval. It's up to you to identify when this isn't Ford's recommended set of services at that interval, but the dealership's.

The dishonest dealerships evidently will misrepresent their package as being what the manufacturer recommends.

Either way, as mentioned it's best to look in the owner's manual for what Ford actually recommends at the next interval you've reached, and just ask for those services individually.

Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Oh and here is what those 42k points gets you for free per ford service page.
Screenshot_5.png

13razorbackfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Oh and here is what those 42k points gets you for free per ford service page.
Screenshot_5.png
I called Ford today and talked to a rep in their FordPass app program for about 30 minutes. She said that the points equate to roughly half in cash so 20000 points is 100 cash and so forth. She said that since each dealership will charge different rates and fees etc that they just award points. She said the older version used to just give you straight cash rewards but they had to make some changes but I forgot the reason she said as it was a long conversation. Anyways it's a pretty neat deal. I spend thousands every year on maintenance for my vehicles at my dealership so this rewards system is going to become very valuable to me. She said I could use the points across any of my Ford vehicles which is nice. Thanks Brieebee good info.

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 6MT
I'm trying to figure out how to unlock my car with the ap but I got the base radio without the touch screen. Is it still possible?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I'm trying to figure out how to unlock my car with the ap but I got the base radio without the touch screen. Is it still possible?
No, you would need FordPass Connect to do this. Only available in Sync 3 equipped cars with 201/401a packages.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Here is what I sent the General Manager of the Dealership:

I'm writing to let you know that I visited your dealership yesterday and have since come to learn through the Mustang Community that I was completely ripped off on my service where your dealership completed a number of unnecessary services that in good conscience were not required.

Instead of simply offering me the Ford recommended "the works" service, I was offered a "Ford Recommended" 10K service which is not manufacturer recommended and provides completely unnecessary services.

My car is a 2019 GT with 7600 miles on it, based on my understanding:
a) The wipers should have been under warranty and hence covered without any cost ($45)
b) With 7600 miles, the fuel system cleaner was ridiculous. At 60k, maybe, 100k ok, but at 7600 I believe my injectors probably are better then new ($35)
c) 14.99% "Shop Fee" of ???
d) Cabin filter only needs to be changed every two years ($76)
e) Rotate and balance tired ($54)...this is INSANE and should be included in "the works" service at around $40 inclusive of the oil change.

It is extremely disappointing to learn that although your dealership bears the Ford name, you do not carry the integrity of the Ford brand.

I advise you to please inform your staff that doing the right thing when no one is watching is the most important component of building a healthy business. I'm very let down that I was charged $277 for what should have been a $40-50 service.
I would send a copy of this to your local TV’s stations consumers affairs department. They love putting this kind of story on air.

Sponsored

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 6MT
I think that was a very well written letter. Hopefully they will change their practices, though I doubt it. At the very least hopefully they at least offer you a free service or something.

OP
OP

rritaintme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I want to thank you all for your input, feedback, guidance and advice - this has been very informative for me.

This time, I’m going to accept the fault as mine for being gullible and assuming that the dealership would act in my best interests. Moving forward, I will take ownership and inform them of the services I require based on the owners manual.

Again, thank you all!

13razorbackfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I want to thank you all for your input, feedback, guidance and advice - this has been very informative for me.

This time, I’m going to accept the fault as mine for being gullible and assuming that the dealership would act in my best interests. Moving forward, I will take ownership and inform them of the services I require based on the owners manual.

Again, thank you all!
No problem buddy! We're all here to learn and help when we can I know that's why I joined. Nothing like learning from other people who are interested in the same thing.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
This time, I’m going to accept the fault as mine for being gullible and assuming that the dealership would act in my best interests.
No, I'm sorry, the fault is not yours. Trust is a good trait and you should not have to apologize for it. You were taken advantage of by someone you trusted. That is flat out not acceptable. You did the right thing by writing that letter. Now stand up for yourself and go to them and get the matter resolved to "your" satisfaction. Do this and you will no longer put yourself in a position to be taken advantage of. It will also make you feel really good.

OP
OP

rritaintme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, I'm sorry, the fault is not yours. Trust is a good trait and you should not have to apologize for it. You were taken advantage of by someone you trusted. That is flat out not acceptable. You did the right thing by writing that letter. Now stand up for yourself and go to them and get the matter resolved to "your" satisfaction. Do this and you will no longer put yourself in a position to be taken advantage of. It will also make you feel really good.
I will give the GM of the Dealership a few days to respond and will post an update here. Hopefully they have the decency to acknowledge this and offer a resolution without requiring further action.
Sponsored