Storage - Battery question

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
First season storing the car in the winter in my apartment building's parking garage. I'll be storing it until March or April and currently I have the battery left alone and the car covered. My intent was just to leave it alone until spring, but now my only concern is the battery going dead and all that comes with that (mainly if the ECU will have any issues being that it's tuned).

I don't have access to power down there so I can't use a tender...am I better off starting it once a week or letting the battery die?
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Any problem with removing the battery and leaving it on a tender in your apartment?

OP
OP
ryant601

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Any problem with removing the battery and leaving it on a tender in your apartment?
True, but it wouldn't help the car not having a battery issue, losing settings etc.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Don't leave the battery in the car to suffer a slow death. Once you start to sulfate the plates it all goes down hill fast and you'll have to replace that battery long before it's time. Take it out and find a place to keep it charged on a tender.
Don't worry about your settings. All that stuff can be entered again.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
So you either:
- remove the battery and lose your settings
- leave it to die and lose your settings
- occasionally start the car cold and leave it running in a parking garage for an indeterminate amount of time which also involves removing the cover

The battery being out or dead won't affect the ECU, all it does it clear the radio presets and time.

OP
OP
ryant601

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
So you either:
- remove the battery and lose your settings
- leave it to die and lose your settings
- occasionally start the car cold and leave it running in a parking garage for an indeterminate amount of time which also involves removing the cover

The battery being out or dead won't affect the ECU, all it does it clear the radio presets and time.
My main concern was the ECU, so that answers that. Could care less about the settings. Seems like the best option is to take battery out and leave it on a tender.

Thanks guys
Sponsored