Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2016 4Runner, 2013 Dodge charger
Vehicle Showcase
What’s up everyone I just ordered an Air Raid synthetic filter and a Tune. I called Tuning by James who did Steeda tune as well as the 470 stock RWHP tune on YouTube. I believe he did the 500HP tune as well. If you search Bullitt Dyno runs on YouTube. He seems to be very knowledgeable and willing to teach. I will make a video and probably a post on it I notice any sound and/or seat of the pants changes from just the filter. Then of course I’ll load the tune and give my review on it too.

Check out my latest videos link in signature. I just got it coated with Gtechniq CSL Black package.

Video of the Tune that I ordered putting down 469.7 RWHP and 400.6lbs TQ
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
tcarter

tcarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have pictures and Videos in the picture and video section of the Ceramic Coat. It looks amazing!!!!!!!

TLW1022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K3464
You wont get anything from the filter, its just washable & reusable, plus it looks better :sunglasses:

I have the Lund Flex Fuel Tune and I am very happy with it, but I have heard nothing but good things about James :thumbsup:

OP
OP
tcarter

tcarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not expecting much is anything from the filter. Usually going from closed box filter to open air you get different sounds but it’s already open. Lol I’m pretty much just doing what imgonein60 did when he got his numbers. I will then find a Dyno Jet to see what I get. The question is do I do it now while it’s chilly or wait until spring. They got the 469rwhp I think in Texas and it was pretty warm in the Dyno bay

Sponsored

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I'm mixed between Lund and James. Lund and Evolution Performance are minutes from me(Evo barely 3 miles) but James has lots of BULLITT specific experience.
With Lund in your backyard you'd be a fool to look elsewhere. Alex has tuned three of my cars between Lund and his last place. All the guys there are good and the service on turn around can't be beat. Personally I would take it in to them. if in your position.

OP
OP
tcarter

tcarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have fastlane motorsports pretty close to me about 30 minutes away. James is willing to work on your tune after you purchase it as well as work with other tuneshops, so unless you are gonna pay to put it on the Dyno every time. Alot of shops look as the Bullitt as a GT thats Green so they tweak a GT tune for you. James kinda created his tune from scratch. After talking to him on the phone i was sold. He explained that he doesn't turn off knock sensors or any other parameters that could make a dyno read high. He doesn't keep turning the knob until you are close to a danger zone. He admitted that there's probably more that can be squeezed out of his tunes but not safe so not a risk he's willing to put his name behind.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
With Lund in your backyard you'd be a fool to look elsewhere. Alex has tuned three of my cars between Lund and his last place. All the guys there are good and the service on turn around can't be beat. Personally I would take it in to them. if in your position.
Lunds done my previous cars too, but for mild/non modded cars they usually just send a generic tune like anyone else. James has spent lots of time dialing in Bullitt specific stuff.

TLW1022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K3464
You'll be happy with any of them, the main thing is you get them a good Data Log to review
Alex was very happy with my initial tune but he also did tweak it a little
I went with Power By The Hour/Lund because they have a great reputation especially with Coyote engines. I'm in there about once a month because of work, Christian is very knowledgeable & Alex has a office there
Watch some of Alex's YouTube videos, not necessarily politicly correct but has some good info

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
I have fastlane motorsports pretty close to me about 30 minutes away. James is willing to work on your tune after you purchase it as well as work with other tuneshops, so unless you are gonna pay to put it on the Dyno every time. Alot of shops look as the Bullitt as a GT thats Green so they tweak a GT tune for you. James kinda created his tune from scratch. After talking to him on the phone i was sold. He explained that he doesn't turn off knock sensors or any other parameters that could make a dyno read high. He doesn't keep turning the knob until you are close to a danger zone. He admitted that there's probably more that can be squeezed out of his tunes but not safe so not a risk he's willing to put his name behind.
the whole point of a tune is to make the dyno read high!! seriously though i hope james turns down the torque managment quite a bit .Im not expecting him to turn off knock sensors but i hope its a noticable gain i am on the fence with ordering a steeda bullitt tune .

Sponsored
OP
OP
tcarter

tcarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I called and the best that he’s gotten is the one on Imgonein60’s on YouTube. It had a pretty good spread on torque 387 to 400.6. When I talked to James he said that ford tuned it more so to the 350 low end instead of unlocking what the coyote had to offer.

OP
OP
tcarter

tcarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
the whole point of a tune is to make the dyno read high!! seriously though i hope james turns down the torque managment quite a bit .Im not expecting him to turn off knock sensors but i hope its a noticable gain i am on the fence with ordering a steeda bullitt tune .
I would rather get a non manipulated Dyno meaning they can make it read higher with tricks. I’ll say this and I haven’t even loaded the tune yet. There’s a reason Steeda and a lot of the Daytona racers/track folks use James. He’s tried and proven. Give him a call he’s down to earth I didn’t feel like he was trying to sell me something. He was more so teaching me stuff it’s hard to explain lol

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
No tuner in his right mind shuts of knock sensors. That would be as stupid as a football bat. Torque protection strategies are another topic altogether. Knock sensors only go active when there is detonation taking place due to poor fuel or too much timing on a crappy tune. They standardly monitor for this in the 10-12K hz range. If there is a possibility of false knock causing the ECU (PCM) to pull timing a quality tuner will go through the process of verifying that with the person he is working with. If it is determined that the sensors are over active (too sensitive) then and only then will a quality tuner lower the sensitivity slightly, but a good tuner NEVER turns off knock sensors.....unless it is such a radical setup that the knock sensors are rendered useless.

OP
OP
tcarter

tcarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No tuner in the right mind "should" do that but stuff happens for the purpose of a DYNO numbers.

kenz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 gt premium
What’s up everyone I just ordered an Air Raid synthetic filter and a Tune. I called Tuning by James who did Steeda tune as well as the 470 stock RWHP tune on YouTube. I believe he did the 500HP tune as well. If you search Bullitt Dyno runs on YouTube. He seems to be very knowledgeable and willing to teach. I will make a video and probably a post on it I notice any sound and/or seat of the pants changes from just the filter. Then of course I’ll load the tune and give my review on it too.

Check out my latest videos link in signature. I just got it coated with Gtechniq CSL Black package.

Video of the Tune that I ordered putting down 469.7 RWHP and 400.6lbs TQ
I am interested in getting a tune for my bullitt. How did you contact Tuning by James. I can't seem to find a telephone number or an email address. thanks

Ken
Sponsored