Bullitt and FordPass App.

steve2150

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt 2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Let's forget for a moment Ford's advertising, build sheets, etc.. Why? Because you can argue all day about where they said it did and didn't have the modem. All past tense. My question/argument would be why this Premium Special Edition car doesn't have all the high tech goodies built in. Why does a $50k car not have a feature included in a $34K Ecoboost Premium. This is the part that makes no sense. If there is a legitimate electromechanical reason for its exclusion, fine lets here it. If there isn't, Ford should retrofit every Bullitt with one of its keystone features. That's what the fight is about. Good luck in your efforts to get the real story.

I wonder if a reason might be all Bullitt's have manual so there would no remote start and they did not want to hear questions about it. Or that Ford is and has been cheap, one horn this year, save a dollar on the Pinto's since the lawsuits would cost less.
Sponsored

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
I wonder if a reason might be all Bullitt's have manual so there would no remote start and they did not want to hear questions about it. Or that Ford is and has been cheap, one horn this year, save a dollar on the Pinto's since the lawsuits would cost less.
This was where we started, but it was refuted because you in comes stock on the gt350 (as advertised).

For what it is worth I did file with the Attorney General in Florida. When I had my Cadillac ATS in the brochure it stated OnStar 1 year free with coupes and 3 years free with sedan, cadillac claimed misprint, I also emailed the CEO Mary Barra. Bottom line got 3 years OnStar free. We should all email our state attorney general, can't hurt. Though cannot find an email address for Ford that goes anywhere not even customer support.
If you can't find an email, you can send certified mail that is a cc of what you sent via email to your AG. Here is what I found for governance (it should include emails for primary contact (buffer), Executive chairman (a Ford), and the CEO:
From Elliot advocacy (includes emails and whatnot):
https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/ford/
From ford corporate:
https://corporate.ford.com/company/governance.html
More info from ford corporate. Remember that like your representatives, you get further if you are able to sprinkle in some insight into their bio. You can use the download emblem to download their bio. While Mr. Perry does not have a bio, the CEO (Jim Hackett) and the executive chairman (William Clay Ford Jr.) do have bios:
https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/people.company-officers.html

Please note that, as Steve mentioned, emails / letters like this only gain traction if they see that you are forwarding on to your representatives. They need to know that you have exhausted local actions and you are taking it to the AG. As always, your mileage may vary, BUT... it only takes one chink in the armor to fell an issue. Back on page 3, I voiced the goal(s) below. I still stand by the goals:

Before I go into a lengthy update, let me express my goal(s) (and hopefully the goal(s) of any bullitt owner who feels slighted by this oversight):
  1. The ideal goal is for every bullitt owner to have the option of upgrading back to fordpass connect for free.
  2. An acceptable goal is for every bullitt owner to have the option of upgrading back to fordpass connect for the cost of the device (this would also involve a refund of the difference in MSRP of pre/post Feb 4th bullitts).
  3. A begrudging goal is for every bullitt owner to have the option of upgrading back to fordpass connect at component cost.

If you are drafting a letter / email / communication, remember to keep it as un-emotional as possible. You are welcome to use any of the information coalesced in this thread if you need it for your draft. After I am confident my draft expresses my issues with the current situation, I will take it to a few mentors for a final proofreading before clicking send. It may work, it may not work, but I will have done my due diligence as a consumer.

steve2150

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
I see you mention pre Feb 4 Bullitts but owners commenting here say that they have early ones without a modem also. What is about Feb 4 did Ford mention it or just customer support.

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
I see you mention pre Feb 4 Bullitts but owners commenting here say that they have early ones without a modem also. What is about Feb 4 did Ford mention it or just customer support.
This references my October 7th post on page 3 (of 4). There are specifics about that date in that post. The post is long, but it is in the first 3rd of the post.

steve2150

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
That is what I see, Fuel Level, Odometer and Oil Life. I know we can't have remote start, unlock/lock no big deal as the door opens pulling the handle, would be nice to see the tire pressures like I had in my other Mustang GT that had the modem. Just don't like the false advertising as a lot of us did not order and picked up on the lot. Besides even those ordering might not have questioned the modem as the ads said standard. I emailed the Attorney General and W. Ford. Will do the representatives tomorrow. Hope all do the same. Maybe we can get the media involved.

Sponsored

mavmrb3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt-DHG | 2010 Yaris 3Dr HB |
WOW! What a blunder by FORD. The issue has not been resolved for 2019MY owners? Ford not admitting? Keep Ford's feet to the fire. I'm sure enough 2019MY owners keep complaining, Ford will have to compensate one way or another. I just can't understand why they really have not answered they screwed up. It seems like Ford from the beginning never had the modems in the vehicles - “FORDPASS™ CONNECT 4GWI-FI”. We know Ford has false advertised in various areas that the 2019MY has the FordPass Connect™ enabled. It would be interesting to see Window Stickers of early roll-outs, say July 2018 - October 2018, if they had on the Standard Equipment - Functional area a listing of FordPass Connect 4GWi-Fi? I know current 2019MY builds did not have it listed on the window sticker. Two dealers I checked out last in June in my local area still have the two vehicles on the lots. One was a 04/19 build and the other a 05/19 build. I checked to see if for FordPass Connect was listed on the window sticker? Nothing! I then was curious to see if 2020MY Bullitts had the listing. I know a fully loaded arrived some 60 miles away at city Ford dealership and another one further. Sure enough it was listed. With such a blunder on the first model year, you would think Ford listing FORDPASS™ CONNECT 4GWI-FI now on the window stickers for the 2020MY would have it? One never knows! Hope they cleared up the issue for the last Bullitt year.

2019 Bullitt Sticker (1) 04/19:
http://www.windowsticker.forddirect...8vimyyuTevhHuXOeqQY7av8L0XD9W/lSKXPluW94Wa5A= (See Functional)

2019 Bullitt Sticker (2) 05/19:

http://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=1FA6P8K04K5506167

2020 Bullitt Sticker:
http://www.windowsticker.forddirect...dr0lIWs4gJovVHbutmq43a+7GFvAvL/tiK6FjqVVb3Xc= (See Functional)

2020 Bullitt Sticker:
http://www.windowsticker.forddirect...ck8EWtYrcJj5XGXqd/9+1ty+364MHYpvFaaQHB5UDruI=

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
WOW! What a blunder by FORD. The issue has not been resolved for 2019MY owners? Ford not admitting? Keep Ford's feet to the fire. I'm sure enough 2019MY owners keep complaining, Ford will have to compensate one way or another. I just can't understand why they really have not answered they screwed up. It seems like Ford from the beginning never had the modems in the vehicles - “FORDPASS™ CONNECT 4GWI-FI”. We know Ford has false advertised in various areas that the 2019MY has the FordPass Connect™ enabled. It would be interesting to see Window Stickers of early roll-outs, say July 2018 - October 2018, if they had on the Standard Equipment - Functional area a listing of FordPass Connect 4GWi-Fi? I know current 2019MY builds did not have it listed on the window sticker. Two dealers I checked out last in June in my local area still have the two vehicles on the lots. One was a 04/19 build and the other a 05/19 build. I checked to see if for FordPass Connect was listed on the window sticker? Nothing! I then was curious to see if 2020MY Bullitts had the listing. I know a fully loaded arrived some 60 miles away at city Ford dealership and another one further. Sure enough it was listed. With such a blunder on the first model year, you would think Ford listing FORDPASS™ CONNECT 4GWI-FI now on the window stickers for the 2020MY would have it? One never knows! Hope they cleared up the issue for the last Bullitt year.

2019 Bullitt Sticker (1) 04/19:
http://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?token=ciScRQcaO5Pay9uB+jqRnmp/0fIQJO1Ri2HVGtih2C3fzCdh2ARjakANKyn7BZFdw3Y9nrkEI1fkQaxx8W8JXngXmpIZG8PATZxkBkWBF0+ouQ4qLkr4tO+vECg1duG8vimyyuTevhHuXOeqQY7av8L0XD9W/lSKXPluW94Wa5A= (See Functional)

2019 Bullitt Sticker (2) 05/19:

http://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=1FA6P8K04K5506167

2020 Bullitt Sticker:
http://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?token=FmTTcGn57C4NpQxrqED7suhqznIQGRv6RxzdWb9FHUNjygvuhZ1zKXfRxhUMpYKxwogEEAkYv/s4i08irdLh3vZdWYA83fFJb1b6AuN0KDCMX+87FTOA+RVjY0KbdzOdr0lIWs4gJovVHbutmq43a+7GFvAvL/tiK6FjqVVb3Xc= (See Functional)

2020 Bullitt Sticker:
http://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?token=eQOObg6VyJ5qsGZKTABsIvKQ3IdTiDK26/ADcYM6+ggZHSvDUwTSIez0jkTfg+fqzxFoYt3vl86fl4tzSahh8M8X4kAV4h8TDGRF+VC9JLQ3OFwFnzsa0DuCsK6xIxEck8EWtYrcJj5XGXqd/9+1ty+364MHYpvFaaQHB5UDruI=
Bear_Stang, I really hope you're sitting down when you read this. What BS. The 2020 has FPC and the 2019 doesn't. Oh my! :explode::explode::explode:

Edit: From Roadshow (CNET) 5/29/19

It's a pretty routine occurrence for vehicle pricing to change year over year; a once-optional package becomes standard equipment, some new tech finds its way into the cabin. But when a car enters a new model year with a price hike for no apparent reason, we have to wonder, what gives?

That's the story with the 2020 Ford Mustang Bullitt, according to a CarsDirect report published Wednesday. The site spoke with a Ford spokesperson who confirmed the 2020 Bullitt carries over unchanged from the 2019 model, but costs $48,905 (including $1,095 for destination) -- a $1,215 increase.

A Ford representative confirmed the 2020 model year pricing, and told Roadshow, "Content is carry-over from 2019."

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Just got back from my dealership... we do have Ford Pass... we do not have the Unlock feature!!!! 201A Pkg or 401A Pkg only!!!

steve2150

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
Just got back from my dealership... we do have Ford Pass... we do not have the Unlock feature!!!! 201A Pkg or 401A Pkg only!!!
If we have the fordpass connect feature then how come no one has the modem or bracket. Seems if we had it the unlock would be just software.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I sure hope you’re right, but the 201a and 401a are for the EB & GT Premium’s. The Bullitt has neither of these “named” packages.

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just a clarification for everyone:

FordPass /= FordPass Connect. This is one of the roots of the issue. Ford will tell Bullitt owners that they have it, but 2019 Bullitts do not have the "FordPass Connect" as advertised on the FordPass Connect website...

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It took a bit of time... a long time, but I finally got the AG letter completed and submitted. It is a bit verbose, but it started as a form letter and I shrunk it down to fit... kinda... If you need it as a template you are welcome to it, but please dont copy/paste.

Also, your AG may use a different submission format. Texas is pretty straightforward. I emailed the full submission receipt to Ford corp.
Screenshot_20191104-224435_Drive.jpg

steve2150

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
It took a bit of time... a long time, but I finally got the AG letter completed and submitted. It is a bit verbose, but it started as a form letter and I shrunk it down to fit... kinda... If you need it as a template you are welcome to it, but please dont copy/paste.

Also, your AG may use a different submission format. Texas is pretty straightforward. I emailed the full submission receipt to Ford corp.

What email address did you use for ford?

steve2150

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)

Was gonna use as template but could not enlarge to read it.
Sponsored