Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang - Dark Highland Green
Just got mine yesterday too!

rcl4668

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang - Dark Highland Green
So given that this is an official Ford Performance part, I'm just going to have my dealer install this at an oil change interval, most likely at 5,000 miles. Are there any special notes or things the dealer needs to be aware of when installing? For example, I saw this thread on another site regarding installation of a K&N filter on a Ford:

"Never install a K&N air filter on a Ford vehicle with any series EEC module without first disconnecting the negative battery terminal for, at the very least, an hour. You won't see any horsepower, or fuel efficiency gains unless you perform this simple task. Doing so allows the EEC module to dump all of it's factory settings(presets), and, in effect, re-boot the EEC. This in turn allows the system to 'sense' the increased air flow from the K&N, and adjust itself accordingly, when you reconnect the battery, and start the engine. AND REMEMBER: NEVER DISCONNECT THE POSITIVE TERMINAL FIRST! THERE IS A HIGH RISK OF FRYING YOUR EEC MODULE IF YOU DON'T DISCONNECT THE NEGATIVE TERMINAL FIRST! There is, in fact, no good reason to even disconnect the positive battery terminal for this procedure."

Thoughts? Thanks!

Sponsored

Sponsored

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
So given that this is an official Ford Performance part, I'm just going to have my dealer install this at an oil change interval, most likely at 5,000 miles. Are there any special notes or things the dealer needs to be aware of when installing? For example, I saw this thread on another site regarding installation of a K&N filter on a Ford:

"Never install a K&N air filter on a Ford vehicle with any series EEC module without first disconnecting the negative battery terminal for, at the very least, an hour. You won't see any horsepower, or fuel efficiency gains unless you perform this simple task. Doing so allows the EEC module to dump all of it's factory settings(presets), and, in effect, re-boot the EEC. This in turn allows the system to 'sense' the increased air flow from the K&N, and adjust itself accordingly, when you reconnect the battery, and start the engine. AND REMEMBER: NEVER DISCONNECT THE POSITIVE TERMINAL FIRST! THERE IS A HIGH RISK OF FRYING YOUR EEC MODULE IF YOU DON'T DISCONNECT THE NEGATIVE TERMINAL FIRST! There is, in fact, no good reason to even disconnect the positive battery terminal for this procedure."

Thoughts? Thanks!
My bad. Going back down to unplug the negative terminal for a bit right now. Did not see anything in the k&n box about it.

Grabbed k&n because my local shop had it on hand. And my paper filter looked like hot trash after 1 month.

View media item 15880View media item 15883View media item 15884

mAkI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moiz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Where did you get yours? I went to AutoZone and they have the regular mustang air filter under the bullitt. But under gt350 they have a k&n would that be the same? Is it possible you can share the model number from k&n