Clutch Won’t Disengage

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Edit, pic attached
3F44830D-EA30-496B-AABD-9D791F1F8DD7.jpeg
Yup, same thing happened to me with the pretty much the exact same scenario. Doing WOT 2-3 shift racing a G37 and got locked out of every gear.

Clutch material was falling out of the trans just like that. Had a RST etc installed and it's been great since. My car almost had the same exact miles as yours too, crazy to lose a clutch with only 20k miles
Sponsored

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
The line just clips onto the reservoir. What can be done to fix the leak there?
Many have had this same issue. Very poor fit from factory, and like yours, mine never actually leaked but would "seep" some fluid if I moved or wiggled the line at all. Steeda has a replacement line with clips that take care of this. And maybe it's just placebo, but I swear the clutch is even more consistent and predictable now. Easy, cheap fix.

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Well.... I guess I was almost spot on with the diagnosis in last paragraph of post #5... lol

You’ll be back up and running in no time.

As others have said, the stock MT82 clutch disc has been known to just fail unexpectedly... not sure who’s supplying Ford with the clutch discs these days, but they used to be really good quality when Valeo was the supplier a few years back...
Look closely....
image1.JPG

Sponsored

OP
OP
ManBearPig

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Thought I should update this in case anyone with a similar situation runs across this thread later.

Got my Exedy Mach 500 clutch and MGW race spec in. Was a real bear of a job to be done in the garage on jackstands but everything is good now. Only about 30 miles in the car as of yet but so far so good.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
OP
OP
ManBearPig

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
My disc looked identical to that one. Flywheel side looked near perfect. Pp side was 100% gone. 26k miles. Some aggressive driving but probably no more than any of us do. Car has never seen a drag strip.