Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
JF
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V6 - 2016
Vehicle Showcase
9/10/2019
I am sending like an attachment my problem with the vibration of my Mustang 2016 V6 Automatic and what the dealears made. I would like to have yours opinions.
Thank you.
jfbj97
Sponsored

Attachments

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
You've shown remarkable tenacity. You deserve to have your problem solved. Fact is you have a number of other operations that could eliminate the vibration: steering, wheel bearings, at least. Have you driven a similar car to see if the feelings you get are different from "normal"?

I'd have given up and traded it off by now. Good luck.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
JFBJ -

I read your attachment.

What is your current mileage and when did you purchase the 2016?

Have you ever opened up a complaint/claim with Ford Customer Care using the 800#? If not, you can find that number here:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/the-ford-800-info-for-those-needing-it.111571/

You would need to call, state your complaint and the fact that you have had the car looked at multiple times and you’re not getting satisfactory resolution. They will then open up a Claim to getting an FSE (Ford Service Engineer) out to where your car is being Serviced to determine what exactly may be the issue and how to possibly resolve it.

——-

Reading through your document, it seems the Service Centers have done the following (in no particular order):

1) balanced driveshaft
2) added shims to rear to adjust pinion angle
3) Checked run out at both front trans flange and rear pinion flange
4) replaced axles
5) replaced driveshaft
6) performed multiple tire balance tests
7) used the Ford tool (MTS 4000) to detect NVH
8) cleaned driveshaft flange mating surfaces
9) neutralized driveshaft by performing multiple angle adjustments
10) multiple driveshaft reindexing attempts
11) added weight (band clamp) to driveshaft to counteract the vibrations

Has any of the Service Centers you are visiting performed the following:
A) Checked and/or replaced the driveshaft center support bearing
B) Checked to see if there is any metal particles in the rear differential fluid
C) Checked all wheel hub bearings to ensure none are bad
D) replace the front trans flange
E) replace the rear pinion flange

I would recommend that you take the car back and ask them to check those areas above to see if there’s any issues that could still be causing the NVH.

It’s not going to be tire related - as much as Ford wants to keep testing the 2015-17 driveline vibration complaints for being tire related - it’s not and never will be a tire or tire balance issue, it’s a waste of time for the customer - more so if the NVH persists after multiple tire spin balance tests!

You need to look through the thread I am including for you below. You’re not the only one who has had to deal with the 2015-2017 driveline vibrations. It was more of a problem with 2015-16 owners than those with 2017’s, and most of the problem seems to have subsided with the redesign and additional suspension revisions to the 2018-19’s.

My prior 2016 was bought back by Ford for this very time consuming problematic issue. My dialog and all info about my 2016 is well documented in the thread attached below. I went through HELL with that S550 - which consumed nearly 2 years, car being in shop for months at a time, over 33k miles of BS trying to get it resolved. 2 Service Centers, multiple Techs and Shop Foreman, 2 FSE’s and the last Service Center had multiple discussions directly with the Ford Engineering Team (extensively documented on my work orders) and still could not permanently fix the problem. Heck, I think I drove every single Ford product given to me as a rental during that time period... in one instance logging over 3k on a brand new Explorer... LOL.

For anyone with the dreaded 2015-17 driveline vibes, this thread contains all the info anyone needs to know - including Ford TSB and SSM docs, images from other M6G members and even positive DIY fixes added by M6G members:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/vibration-between-50-70-mph.15990/

That thread also contains info and images discussing the 2018-19 revisions mentioned above.

Good luck JFBJ.
Sponsored