Lund Nguage oil pressure help.

Dark Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ramsey
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
My Nguage was installed by the previous owner. When I went to set up the things I wanted displayed I noticed my oil pressure was stuck @ 127.92 psi. I have restarted the Nguage, I have disconnected it with no change. I messaged with Lund who told me to rescan the guages which I did, however that still did not work. I am not really sure what else to do and am hoping to that someone has had this issue and has a fix. The only thing I can think of is that the oil pressure sending unit for the car is bad? Would have figured that I would get some sort of code or warning if that was the case? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored

JP_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I would think that the factory ecm would throw a code if it were seeing that. My ngauge reads my oil pressure so fast I can only look at the first and second number, and the second number is changing rapidly.

OP
OP

Dark Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ramsey
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Well, I updated the firmware and tune on the Nguage, but instead of being stuck @ 127.92 it's stuck on 0.00. Is the oil pressure sending unit the same between the PP cars and the non? If not, maybe I just need a new sending unit? Not sure what else to try.

OP
OP

Dark Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ramsey
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
OK, so I have been doing lots of reading on this and it looks like there is a difference between the PP and non PP cars oil pressure sensor. Has anyone with the Nguage on a non PP car wired in the new sensor and gotten the Guage to work? I would really like to get the Nguage to read oil pressure vs. Putting in a new mechanical Guage. I read a whole 25 page thread on trying to put in the oem PP guages on a non PP car, but it doesn't seem like they were able to get the oil pressure working on the oem Guage, but not sure how that would effect the Nguage? Any opinions or ideas?

JP_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
What year is your mustang? I have an 18, non PP. I plugged mine into the OBD plug and my oil pressure reads on the Ngauge.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Dark Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ramsey
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Mine is a 2015.

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Interested in your results.

OP
OP

Dark Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ramsey
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Interested in your results.
Not sure I'll get any results, as I'm not sure how to go about doing this. I find it very odd that no one with an Nguage and non PP car hasn't done this. I've been searching for a tutorial on how to do this but no luck so far.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
I don't recall for sure from the service manual and online parts website but I "think" the Gen 2 and Gen 3 "not PP" GT's just have an oil pressure switch for a "light". The GT PP's have a sensor for reading actual pressures. Gen 3 Coyotes also have a solenoid system which increases oil pressure significantly starting in the mid 3K rpm range which can be seen on the GT PP oil pressure gauge.

OP
OP

Dark Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ramsey
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I don't recall for sure from the service manual and online parts website but I "think" the Gen 2 and Gen 3 "not PP" GT's just have an oil pressure switch for a "light". The GT PP's have a sensor for reading actual pressures. Gen 3 Coyotes also have a solenoid system which increases oil pressure significantly starting in the mid 3K rpm range which can be seen on the GT PP oil pressure gauge.

Yes, from the research I've done, non PP cars just have a switch. I need to know if it is possible to wire in the actual sensor from a PP car to the can bus system and have the Nguage read oil pressure? Seems like there was some real issues with people trying to get the PP oil pressure Guage to work, and not sure if they were ever able to get it to work. There was lots of people with V6 and EB cars chiming in, so it is difficult to determine the actual verdict if it is possible or not.
Sponsored