jdoug

Regular Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
I have the Steeda H-pipe with stock mufflers. A tad louder than stock, but I still want to go with something a little louder as long as there's no drone. My '03 Mach 1 with full SLP catback droned pretty bad on the highway and I can't take that again. I'm not *quite* a senior but getting close-- 55 in a couple months.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Deleted member 35786

I have the Steeda H-pipe on my with stock mufflers. A tad louder than stock, but I still want to go with something a little louder as long as there's no drone. My '03 Mach 1 with full SLP catback droned pretty bad on the highway and I can't take that again. I'm not *quite* a senior but getting close-- 55 in a couple months.
Same exact thing here.. Steeda H-Pipe with factory mufflers. Perfect combination IMHO.

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
I thought the same thing till I had a chance to listen to it from outside. Had my son run it up to 4500 rpms while driving away. It sounded ok in the car, but outside not so much. The 18’s and up may sound different than the 15-17’s.

emdavis197

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 5.0 *Velocity Blue* (The fastest color)
For those with cold-start woes, I also give a shit about keeping peace with my neighbors. I came up with a slightly different and more simple noise suppression hack than forum member "msweet" came up with. Pool noodles. Yep, go ahead and laugh, I'm fine with it.

Here was my dilemma. 2019 GT with resonator delete / H-Pipe. Perfect sound for me, I love it. I'm really impressed with the sound from the stock mufflers and H-Pipe setup. However, with the resonator gone, the first 5 seconds of cold start can be heard around the block. It makes waves in toilets. I live in a quaint, family-oriented neighborhood with some retired folks mixed in. I have great relationships with all of my neighbors but I felt like this startup bark could become an issue. Soooo, pool noodles. Pop them in for the first 10-15 seconds after startup, then its all good after that. Here's a 90 second video of what I did.

*Link to Video*

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
For those with cold-start woes, I also give a shit about keeping peace with my neighbors. I came up with a slightly different and more simple noise suppression hack than forum member "msweet" came up with. Pool noodles. Yep, go ahead and laugh, I'm fine with it.

Here was my dilemma. 2019 GT with resonator delete / H-Pipe. Perfect sound for me, I love it. I'm really impressed with the sound from the stock mufflers and H-Pipe setup. However, with the resonator gone, the first 5 seconds of cold start can be heard around the block. It makes waves in toilets. I live in a quaint, family-oriented neighborhood with some retired folks mixed in. I have great relationships with all of my neighbors but I felt like this startup bark could become an issue. Soooo, pool noodles. Pop them in for the first 10-15 seconds after startup, then its all good after that. Here's a 90 second video of what I did.

*Link to Video*
Think that's loud try it with a Roush muffler, which is basically like no muffler, and a xpipe. Fortunately most of my neighbors are the Harley\Muscle car driving types. They love it.. I mean the ones who matter love it, lol. The others can bite me. Just Kidding but I start it with the garage door down and that helps a little if I have to start it late at night or early. But I might try the pool noodle thing. Thnx for the post

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Loud or quiet makes no difference to me. Neither does the stereo. Can't hear it anyway without my hearing aids and wearing hearing aids in a car doesn't work so good.

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium

*Link to Video*

That's a lot of effort every morning lol

Why didnt you just get the active exhaust so you can shut it up in the morning?

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
That's a lot of effort every morning lol

Why didnt you just get the active exhaust so you can shut it up in the morning?
Not so much effort. It might work for me: I back into the garage, could tie the piffles to the workbench, and just drive away.

Did I ask this previously? (serious question) How much would it cost to have a dealer install the active exhaust?

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Not so much effort. It might work for me: I back into the garage, could tie the piffles to the workbench, and just drive away.

Did I ask this previously? (serious question) How much would it cost to have a dealer install the active exhaust?
WAAAAY more than an aftermarket active exhaust would.

Ford wants 2k just for the exhaust: https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/mufflers/muffler-assy-centre-and-rear-9763783-1

It was a 900 dollar option from the factory so you'd be paying 2x parts plus install for it after the fact.

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
Stock is good enough for me. I had changed to loud Orange Thrust (not sure of the name, but close enough) on my 1970 Camaro Z-28 back in 1978, only to switch back to stock after about a year because it was loud. Then around 1987 I had changed out a muffler on a Ford only to experience exhaust leak that could not be solved by welding due to its odd location. So, I just don't like to mess with stock OEM exhaust. Next time, I would get the Active Valve Performance Exhaust System option.

Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
The active exhaust still has its limits... I assume the GT350 active exhaust is the same as what you're describing as the optional active exhaust. Even on quiet mode, it starts cold in Sport mode for the first 20 seconds or so. Then it gradually quiets down.
My garage is a side entry garage where my pipes face my neighbors house. I leave every morning at 5:30 am; my neighbors are not awake yet!
I have to start the car up in quiet mode and wait for at least 20 seconds for the exhaust to get quiet enough to open the garage door.
When I get to the end of the subdivision, I wake up the neighbors on the main street.
The Flat Plane Crank exhaust must be like crack... one bout with it, and your hooked!
And the 5.0 Coyote with the right pipes is an ear orgasm waiting to happen...!!!

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
The active exhaust still has its limits... I assume the GT350 active exhaust is the same as what you're describing as the optional active exhaust. Even on quiet mode, it starts cold in Sport mode for the first 20 seconds or so. Then it gradually quiets down.
My garage is a side entry garage where my pipes face my neighbors house. I leave every morning at 5:30 am; my neighbors are not awake yet!
I have to start the car up in quiet mode and wait for at least 20 seconds for the exhaust to get quiet enough to open the garage door.
When I get to the end of the subdivision, I wake up the neighbors on the main street.
The Flat Plane Crank exhaust must be like crack... one bout with it, and your hooked!
And the 5.0 Coyote with the right pipes is an ear orgasm waiting to happen...!!!
The active exhaust on the normal GT has the option to start with the valves shut. You can even schedule it. I have mine set so that from 8PM to 9AM it starts with the valves closed.

Carzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rapid Red 401A PP1 A10 Magneride
I had axle-back Flowmaster 40's for a couple of years, but the drone while cruising was driving me nuts as I cruise through my 40's. What I liked about those was the Donzi idle. Pretty loud everywhere else too.

Two weeks ago I swapped those for a pair of FlowFX cans, which are packed mufflers with perforated, unbaffled pipes. I'm kicking myself for not swapping them sooner. Much quieter in the neighborhood -- maybe stock-like, lovely Maserati GranTurismo-like tone at part-throttle acceleration, great snarl at WOT, and no drone. Made me fall in love with the car all over again.

hvac999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Premium Coupe
I have a 2 chamber to split the single exhaust and Hush Thrush ar each side out the back.

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
I loved the sound of my cat back Corsa Extremes on my 15' GT/PP...loud with no drone.....to me it sounded as loud as the GT350 active exhaust in sport mode at the lower rpms,,but when you really stepped into it the Corsa's are much louder then the GT350 with the active open.
I Wish Corsa would make the extremes to include the active exhaust, Going with the Corsa double X resonator delete for now.
Sponsored