Sponsored

PP2 compared to c7 corvette

StangSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue GT Premium
Im actually trading my 2016 C7 Z51 in for the mustang. I put a SC on it too. The Z51 package really really works, you get a lot more suspension settings and it does what its suppose to do. C7s are very nice cars and fast and very up to date now. But im in Hawaii and have no where to run her up and she is very expensive in a state that is very expensive. So im going with the stang and hope to save about $300 a month on payments and still have my V8, plus after 8 years of vettes its time for a change.
Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Went and drove the pp2 yesterday to be honest felt very sluggish compared to my gs. To be fair my gs has arh headers and mid pipe and intake makes a little over 500hp. My biggest mistake was driving a used gt350 they had m. That thing hauls from 3500 rpm to 8300. No way I’d be satisfied now with anything but the Shelby.
How did the GT 350 compare to your C7 GS?

Camaroguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 camaro ss
5th gen ZL1 might be up your alley. Can track it, 5th gens have somewhat useable rear seats. It's supercharged if you want the power and you can get some good deals on them.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
I came from a 2007 C6Z06 and my present car is a 2019 PP 2. The Z06 was faster due to its lighter weight. The PP 2 does an amazing job of "hiding" its weight due to the 305 meats up front. The PP 2 is more enjoyable to drive and is damn near as good on the twisties. The PP 2 actually out duels the Z06 on the skid pad and it is only in the quick transitions that the lighter Z06 is slightly superior. The PP 2 is an amazing car for the $41K, all included, price compared to the $75K I paid for the Z06 12 years ago.
I too had a 2007 ZO6 - 1LZ - great car and a very different experience. The ZO6 was really a street legal track car, whereas the GT is just that: a grand tourer that is comfortable devouring interstates, yet in PP2 form great in the twisties as well.

That said, if you can find a low mileage, un-modded C6 ZO6, I'd snap that up in a second. That is a pure driving experience kind of car.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I too had a 2007 ZO6 - 1LZ - great car and a very different experience. The ZO6 was really a street legal track car, whereas the GT is just that: a grand tourer that is comfortable devouring interstates, yet in PP2 form great in the twisties as well.

That said, if you can find a low mileage, un-modded C6 ZO6, I'd snap that up in a second. That is a pure driving experience kind of car.
So you don't care about the exhaust valve issues on the LS7 in the C6 Z06? I wouldn't touch an LS7 equipped vehicle unless there was some kind of exhaust valve fix implemented or I had a warranty. I've heard they are great performers, but the lack of reliability is what concerns me the most.

Sponsored

bigdave03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2106 Mustang Gt
So you don't care about the exhaust valve issues on the LS7 in the C6 Z06? I wouldn't touch an LS7 equipped vehicle unless there was some kind of exhaust valve fix implemented or I had a warranty. I've heard they are great performers, but the lack of reliability is what concerns me the most.

I wouldn't be. The C6 Z is a beast of a car and a great value right now. if the heads haven't been fixed, drop a few coins on a head-cam package and you'll have a land rocket

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I wouldn't be. The C6 Z is a beast of a car and a great value right now. if the heads haven't been fixed, drop a few coins on a head-cam package and you'll have a land rocket
A few coins huh? You must have some really valuable coins to only need a few of them for removing and fixing the engine of a car you just purchased.

IMO the C6 Z used market is way too high when you consider that most of those cars need to be ripped apart and fixed. And then there's the concern about whether the "fix" will really take care of the problem. If I had a ton of extra money around to throw away I'd consider it.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
I never had a problem with mine and drove it hard. That said a set of West Coast Cylinder Head stage 2 LS7 heads wouldn't break the bank and wound be super reliable.

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
The corvette is the faster car on a racetrack. (In theory) the mustang is the better car all around in real life.

I say that because if you can only buy 1 the mustang is way more versatile, way more comfortable and I still think the interior is light years better. Plus the fact that you actually have room... The vette is literally the size of a miata... Plus stuff you dont think about like ground clearance, random parking lot humps, inclines. Become a really big deal in a vette.

If u have to choose one go Mustang. If you cant decide wait a year or 2 and buy both...

Another thing to think about is You can always find tons of low mileage vettes some with less than 20k miles 10 years later... You can't find any low mileage mustangs why do you think that is?

Mustangs are built for driving. Vettes are built to look cool in parking lots and garages.

Last edited:

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Dude, honestly, I had a c7 GS on order. Wife told me in November we are having a baby, so I needed something with a back seat, in case I have to haul the little one in a pinch. As soon as he's old enough to sit in the front, I'll be getting another vette. I love Mustangs, this is my 3rd one, including a boss 302, but they are no Corvette. Mustangs are sporty cars, the Corvette is a true sports car. That being said you can't go wrong with either. I just think the mustang is too heavy, and lacks the proper cooling to be a great track car. The Corvette, even without the p51 package, will hold up a lot better to track use.
car seats fit in the Mustang, but you'll have to cut off your feet. To fit in the car with them in there...

I'd say buy whatever you want and buy a cheap F150 ecoboost or a $1000.00 Honda CRV... That you can use "in a pinch" start it once a month and you're good to go... The back seats are there just as a marketing tool to trick wives into saying yes or to throw groceries and inanimate objects or pets on. Not for humans of any size.
Sponsored