AC Evap drain tube?

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco
So where exactly is the AC evaporator drain tube located on theses cars? A Co-worker of mine had issues with his floor board getting wet, turns out the ac drain tube was clogged and causing it to overflow into the car. Which got me thinking, I haven't seen the normal puddle of water while running the AC on a hot day after I've been parked, I even left the car running and looked under it to see if i could see water draining, there wasn't any. Its got me worried that mine could be clogged too.

Any one have there issues with theirs or know where the drain/drains are located?
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
On all the S550’s the drainage should be at the firewall, passenger side (US spec).

You’ll have to get the car on ramps or a lift and get under it - look up at firewall you should see the drainage area coming out of the firewall. There will be a large black gasket at firewall (this is backside of HVAC box, the drain tube exists the middle of it.

OP
OP
Matco

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco
Thanks Cobra Jet ill have to get it on the stands tomorrow to check it out!

rocky5517

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sam
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer 67 riviera
The OP asks a good question
I had a 67 Buick Riv/ had to go underneath once a year and kind of "milk" the rubber tube to make sure it was draining. some guys take a scissors and cut the end off a bit, but that's on a 50 year old car. Always a good idea to think about where the condensate is going.

Sponsored

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
I can't for the life of me seem to find the drain tube. The funny thing is, I did the kool-it foam cleaner on my 2015 EB, but on my '17, i am not able to find it.

It seems to be completely clogged as there is NO water under the car with ac running anymore.

I circled the underbody where I was looking around, and then the second(close) pic is the photo of my actual car.

I have c4&c5 stenosis of my neck, so it's really painful to be crawling under my car so I'd appreciate any help.

Btw, car is on Jack stands, not on a lift.
Screenshot_20190819-164402_Chrome.jpg
20190819_164121.jpg

Assh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red GT
Are you looking under the pax side?

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you looking under the pax side?
Pax? I am looking under the passenger side,
I can see the AC refrigerant line in/out of firewall, but no tubes. On my '15, it was draining water so I easily found it, but my 17 is none dry, because ac tube is clogged.

Assh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red GT
The circle you drew looks like the driver's side from the picture.

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I found it.

It's not near the firewall like some post said on here (and also where it is in most cars)

It is a HOLE (not a tube), on top of the tranny.

I took photos. I'll post when I am done with my oil change, and car wash.

Sponsored

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The red arrow shows where I had to place the oil drain pan after hitting it with the kool-it foam.

The first photo is the hole with the kool-it tube in it. The end of the tube is flush to the panel, it is almost exactly in the center of the car. I guess for anyone looking for it, look for the black wire harness plug next to (attached to) the tranny.

And then I remember reading someone saying they wanted to attach a tube, because the water dripping on the wiring probably can't be good.

The hole is deep. The length of tube ran almost entire into it. I had extra tube from the kit I used for my wife's MDX, so I connected the two tubes together.
Screenshot_20190819-192345_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20190819-192259_Gallery.jpg

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're right, I did circle the wrong side on the picture.

I have circled in yellow where the drain is. Its above the tranny where the circle is.

Maybe the condensate is supposed to drip onto the tranny housing and evaporate. I think that's why I didn't see water when I drove home and parked it in driveway (engine running) for five minutes.

After my car cooled down, I did an oil change, tranny housing was no longer hot, and when i let the engine idle after the oil change, it created the water spot. I guess the tranny wasn't hot enough to evaporate the water.

Wondering if this means that the wiring connector isn't "safe" from corrosion?

Screenshot_20190820-001252_Gallery.jpg
Sponsored