Sponsored

Powerstop Z26 Street Warrior Brake Kit

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Anyone try out this kit on their non-performance pack Mustang GT? I wonder if it’s worth it over the stock pads and rotors. Thanks.
Sponsored

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Doesn’t Vorshlag use these on his 2018 base GT or is it powerbrake? Anywho - He has a great forum entry on his 18 GT if you haven’t seen it.

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
No change over the oem setup IMO. I went with these pads when I did the Brembo upgrade and don't feel much difference in my daily driving. Used Steeda 2-piece rotors.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I know z23 and z26 help a lot with dust over oem brembos but for us who have base gt, I am not seeing any dust at all with my original factory pads and rotors.. Hmmm. My front wheels look clean and nice always.

repins1911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB
I have the pads and drilled slotted rotors. They make a noticeable difference compared to stock GT non PP. I am supercharged and drive my car hard, these definitely were worth the money. Just drove a buddies non PP GT we just finished boosting and could tell he was on factory pads and rotors. The brake dust is reduced significantly. Would buy again.

Sponsored

OP
OP
hossman

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Thank you for that input. I’m Supercharged too and after making a heavy high speed application I realized I need to upgrade the pads and rotors for my power level. Thanks again!

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
Thank you for that input. I’m Supercharged too and after making a heavy high speed application I realized I need to upgrade the pads and rotors for my power level. Thanks again!
If you're looking for a performance upgrade, this isn't it. Your money would be better spent on a take-off PP Brembo setup.
Sponsored