2020 GT500 confirmed orders

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
Our cars are going to be twins, but I added the recaros and handling package.
Nice man! The Twister Orange with black roof looks soooo sweet! They are going to be a couple of gorgeous rides! :beer:
Sponsored

AMBJR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ALLEN
Vehicle(s)
03 Mustang Cobra-20 GT500
After casting a wide net this week to about 25 dealers, I finally tracked down an allocation at a great dealership about an hour and a half away that gave me MSRP and ordered. Iconic silver base model with black stripes and black roof with the carbon fiber interior and tech package. Let the long wait begin!
I ordered Iconic Silver Base Model with NO OPTIONS from a South California Dealer for MSRP!!!

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
I have my DORA but no VIN yet.

Tim_bits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timmer
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram and 2020 GT500
I just officially heard that my painted stripe request was denied due to no allocation. I am thus switching the color from Iconic silver to twister orange with black painted roof. Good luck to those still waiting to hear about a golden ticket.

Sponsored

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
I just officially heard that my painted stripe request was denied due to no allocation. I am thus switching the color from Iconic silver to twister orange with black painted roof. Good luck to those still waiting to hear about a golden ticket.
Welcome to the TO and black roof club!!

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
Nice choice! We’ll have twins!

13GT500JA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby GT500
Anyone have any lucky placing an order in Massachusetts or any New England state?

I have been in contact with 3 MA dealers for nearly a year now and they still tell me they can’t place orders yet.

I know the sales manager personally at one of these dealers and have been assured they are in the Shelby program. It’s very confusing seeing others post that they’ve been able to place an order.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have any lucky placing an order in Massachusetts or any New England state?

I have been in contact with 3 MA dealers for nearly a year now and they still tell me they can’t place orders yet.

I know the sales manager personally at one of these dealers and have been assured they are in the Shelby program. It’s very confusing seeing others post that they’ve been able to place an order.
Yes, I am from Massachusetts. My normal dealer has an allocation but unfortunately for me one of the owners wants it. They gave me the names of 4 other dealers. One wanted $30 ADM for whom I told to go pound sand, one has already sold their allocation, the other seemed more intent on ordering it the way they want it and try and catch the biggest fish. The last placed my order, which I posted here but would not give me a solid plan on what they want for the car. My usual dealer friend gave me a name of another dealer to call and they gave me a purchase and sales agreement and I gave them a deposit and now I feel much better. So, yes, there are plenty of MA dealers with allocations and the know how to order. I suggest you have a talk with them and get to the bottom of it.

Question for you guys , now that I am switching dealers, will having an order date 3 weeks later than the first order have any effect on delivery date? I realize the regional rep has a lot to do with it but I am hoping it won’t matter too much.....

Thanks!

DocGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shadow Black GT500, 2019 Explorer Sport
Hi everyone. Brand new member of the forum, but I have followed you all for years. I owned a 2012 Mustang GT convertible but had to get rid of it in 2013, sad day. However, after years of anxiously waiting for a Mustang to return to my garage, I have pulled the trigger on a base Shadow Black GT500 (tech package and CF dash). I have a confirmed DORA but no VIN.

I called Ford Performance yesterday and was told that there have been very few build dates released, and they were mostly the CFTP. I”ll check in with them every week or two weeks, and hopefully all of these cars get delivered this year.

I am excited to be a part of this group and cant wait to post some pictures of my new baby when she arrives!

Sponsored

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
Hi everyone. Brand new member of the forum, but I have followed you all for years. I owned a 2012 Mustang GT convertible but had to get rid of it in 2013, sad day. However, after years of anxiously waiting for a Mustang to return to my garage, I have pulled the trigger on a base Shadow Black GT500 (tech package and CF dash). I have a confirmed DORA but no VIN.

I called Ford Performance yesterday and was told that there have been very few build dates released, and they were mostly the CFTP. I”ll check in with them every week or two weeks, and hopefully all of these cars get delivered this year.

I am excited to be a part of this group and cant wait to post some pictures of my new baby when she arrives!
Congrats, will be an excellent car. They release build dates on Friday most weeks so calling every other Friday is the best I have been told not to call more then once a week for sure. If you dealer put in your order and talked to the regional manger about it to try to move it up on priority list you will have a much better chance at getting her sooner (still no guarantee). I think that most of us probably will not see our cars till at least November but that's just a guess of mine. some of us will not see it till early next year. I ordered from a small dealer and we talked to the regional guy but still they think best case is November but more likely January.

13GT500JA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby GT500
Yes, I am from Massachusetts. My normal dealer has an allocation but unfortunately for me one of the owners wants it. They gave me the names of 4 other dealers. One wanted $30 ADM for whom I told to go pound sand, one has already sold their allocation, the other seemed more intent on ordering it the way they want it and try and catch the biggest fish. The last placed my order, which I posted here but would not give me a solid plan on what they want for the car. My usual dealer friend gave me a name of another dealer to call and they gave me a purchase and sales agreement and I gave them a deposit and now I feel much better. So, yes, there are plenty of MA dealers with allocations and the know how to order. I suggest you have a talk with them and get to the bottom of it.

Question for you guys , now that I am switching dealers, will having an order date 3 weeks later than the first order have any effect on delivery date? I realize the regional rep has a lot to do with it but I am hoping it won’t matter too much.....

Thanks!
Which dealer did you end up having luck with? Every dealer in MA that I have talked to still assured me they can’t place orders.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Which dealer did you end up having luck with? Every dealer in MA that I have talked to still assured me they can’t place orders.
Welcome to the club getting the same thing in OK....

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.

Congrats. I am in the same position as you. Base model on order with DORA but no VIN.

South40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Lincoln, 2013 Ford Raptor