I Change My Mind.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Uhhh, the S550 Mustang is a sports car according the FoMOCo description on the window sticker.
If you are going by a dictionary definition, yes the Mustang would be considered a "sports" car.

sports car
/ˈspôrts ˌkär/
noun

1. a low-built car designed for performance at high speeds

That said the Mustang was given the “Pony” car designation 55 years ago. It was, is and will alway be a “Pony” car. Of course we can call it a "Pony Sports Car" too. :like:
Sponsored

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
If you are going by a dictionary definition, yes the Mustang would be considered a "sports" car.

sports car
/ˈspôrts ˌkär/
noun

1. a low-built car designed for performance at high speeds

That said the Mustang was given the “Pony” car designation 55 years ago. It was, is and will alway be a “Pony” car. Of course we can call it a "Pony Sports Car" too. :like:
Ok, I can accept "Pony Sports Car". too :handshake:

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yes... M600 19x10’s with 35mm offset, in Matte Gunmetal powder coat... love them.
Good to hear. I'm looking at black ones in a different size. They look really sharp with the red.

Sponsored

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
Going from a 2013 Boss to a 2019 GT PP2 I'd say the new ones are definitely more sports car than they used to be. They still have some muscle car identity and of course will always be "Pony" cars.

imyopusha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prermium A10, PP1, Magneride, 401A, B&O
All of you are right. They are muscle cars (google it and you’ll find zillion references to back it up). Sports cars (ask your insurance agent). Pony car (it’s the OG, plus, there’s ponies all over this freaking thing).

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Yes... M600 19x10’s with 35mm offset, in Matte Gunmetal powder coat... love them.
Good to hear. I'm looking at black ones in a different size. They look really sharp with the red.
If you go with MRR I would suggest looking at their custom finishes. They are not that much more expensive and they have a great selection.
My M600's are crystal Grey and My FS-06's are a Brushed Matte Smoke. I love the looks of both. Good luck deciding!

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
So this is just a little story of sharing my mustang with my 6 year old son.

My family loves muscle cars but we have different taste. My mother is a big fan of challengers and hellcats in particular. Whereas I'm obviously a mustang fan. Anyway she had converted my son to the dark side and he jokingly said he wanted a Challenger.

Anyway we took a road trip down to Morro Bay in CA and on the way back I had more comments than usual about the car (mostly European tourists who loved the Corsa exhaust). About half way home he said can you roll down the windows so we can hear the car? Now that alone brought a huge smile to my face.

Then as we got home and we're unpacking the car he randomly looks to me and says ummm....I change my mind. I actually want a mustang when I'm older. They're so cool.

WE GOT HIM BOYS! one more convert who can hopefully keep the legend alive for another 50 years.
Great story OP :like:

When I picked up my S550 my son was 7 and he was just as excited as I was (I already bought the car and did all the paperwork so we just had to pick it up from delivery).
He saw it for the first time he was awestruck. We hopped in and drove off the lot. Within a minute he said "you know dad, this car would look good with some racing stripes"

I just looked back and smiled...

OP
OP

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
Great story OP :like:

When I picked up my S550 my son was 7 and he was just as excited as I was (I already bought the car and did all the paperwork so we just had to pick it up from delivery).
He saw it for the first time he was awestruck. We hopped in and drove off the lot. Within a minute he said "you know dad, this car would look good with some racing stripes"

I just looked back and smiled...
Ha that's awesome. It really is a great experience being able to share the mustang passion with your children. Definitely makes it feel more than just a car.
Sponsored