Sponsored

ARH full system migrate valves to new mufflers

Sammyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 5.0 COUPE
I just finished installing Stainless works Headers w/Offroad Mid and Borla ATAK system.
I was nervous about the combo being too loud from reading others experiences with headers/exhaust
But I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome
Dont get me wrong its loud... maybe too loud for some... But I like it!
I took off Lethal cat delete pipes and Shiftek H resonator delete so my car was already loud
I wanted to get rid of the rasp of the stock mufflers but keep the muffler baffles
I am very happy with the combo
IMO it has a deeper sound and alot of the stock rasp is gone and it sounds better in the upper RPM's as well
The fit of the SW headers and Borla system was very good
I just thought I would share my experience....
You have any sound clips?

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
@blueovalkid ypu had exactly what’s im considering. But I’m curious, what was the change in things going from no cats to long tubes? I’ve got no resonators and ATAK cat back right now. Considering cat delete pipes just due to cost of long tubes + tune right now. My concern is, does the cat delete pipes with stock headers sound “cheap” (for lack of a better word) when no compared to long tubes??

I agree about the ATAK sounding amazing, and you always have the flip of a switch option. I’m also curious if no cats makes even the quiet mode on the ATAK sound better/different??

And then there’s always my fear that the O2 extenders is just a band aid to avoid a CEL, or does it run properly with them? Thanks for any info bro.

OP
OP

mmakam2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
@blueovalkid ypu had exactly what’s im considering. But I’m curious, what was the change in things going from no cats to long tubes? I’ve got no resonators and ATAK cat back right now. Considering cat delete pipes just due to cost of long tubes + tune right now. My concern is, does the cat delete pipes with stock headers sound “cheap” (for lack of a better word) when no compared to long tubes??

I agree about the ATAK sounding amazing, and you always have the flip of a switch option. I’m also curious if no cats makes even the quiet mode on the ATAK sound better/different??

And then there’s always my fear that the O2 extenders is just a band aid to avoid a CEL, or does it run properly with them? Thanks for any info bro.
If your doing headers, don't use O2 extenders to avoid CEL, just get it tuned and have them turned off. Whats the point of headers if your not going to tune it? All the value of headers comes after a tune. I never understand people who get a full exhaust and don't tune for it..

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
@mmakam2 ...I. think you may have misread something in my post...I said absolutely nothing about running long tubes with no cats and O2 extenders to avoid a tune. Please reread and if it still doesn't make sense I can update it or something.

blueovalkid

The Snake Pit
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clint
Vehicle(s)
08 GT500, 17 GT350

I did the headers and Borlas at the same time obviously so I don't know exactly how each piece affected the sound.
But think most of the change was from going from stock mufflers to the Borla ATAK
I didn't feel the cat deletes made the car sound "cheap"
It was really the sound of the stock mufflers I was unhappy with
I had my car tuned for the cat delete pipes I didn't use any "extenders" or device to fool the O2's
My Lethal cat deletes are available if you are interested
Sponsored

Last edited: