BBB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium GT Poverty Snack
Many have used just a regular ratchet including me, it's aok. It's not like you're getting lugs to 150 just put a ratchet to it and get it tight as you can, add a little locktite for peace of mind if you want.
don't go apeshit on it. The 24mm bolt is very deceiving. It's huge but it's only torqued down to 35ft lbs.
Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
35ft lbs.
Basically hand-tight. Get it snug, when the ratchet gets tougher to turn stop. If you think of the lugs as 150 then this is 1/4 of the force you need to tighten your lugs; not a whole lot.

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
Basically hand-tight. Get it snug, when the ratchet gets tougher to turn stop. If you think of the lugs as 150 then this is 1/4 of the force you need to tighten your lugs; not a whole lot.
Force is relative to the size of the tool you are using though.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Force is relative to the size of the tool you are using though.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
True but with a normal size 1/4" ratchet one would use hand tight should be good.

I would err on the side of not as tight as you think so you dont crack the plastic in the wheel. You can always re-tighten but have to replace something that cracks from overtightening.

cyberbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT On Order
Heres a tip, when reinstalling your new wheel and plugging in the airbag, make DAMN sure those orange "clips" are pushed ALL the way in. Otherwise you'll be like me and after a day of seeing that orange airbag warning light on, you'll cuss swear and pull the airbag off again to push one of the clips the rest of the way in.

Pain in the ass that part. Oh and having to pull the battery and loose all the tranny learning sucks too.
Ok. So I put the wheel on and got the airbag light, I then remembered someone (you) saying something about getting the airbag light and found your text. Then I was able to fix it right away.

I would have flipped out a little if i did not read this at one point because, I would have sworn my connections were fine today and wound have thought I broke something.

Sponsored

PhillMcKraken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Ok. So I put the wheel on and got the airbag light, I then remembered someone (you) saying something about getting the airbag light and found your text. Then I was able to fix it right away.

I would have flipped out a little if i did not read this at one point because, I would have sworn my connections were fine today and wound have thought I broke something.
And THATS why I wrote it! Glad it helped! I knew I couldn't be the only one to screw that up ;)

cyberbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT On Order
Glad it's done.

I would say this was a little bit of a pain on automatic!

I'm not a mechanic by any stretch.
The trim parts and controls were a bit of a pain to get back together correctly. The local Ford dealer wanted $150.00 per hour x 3.5 hours for this lol So I'm glad I did it and it's on well but it took some playing with it to get it right.
IMG_5463.jpg

pockama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 MBZ G65AMG, 2016 Ford GT, 2016 RR PHANTOM
Good job. I did it on my car. I disconnected the battery and did it.
I read about Takata airbags and was told to wait 15 min before removing the airbag???

RoadDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
After I connected everything back, the TPMS no longer works.. Anybody else get this?

DB23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3T 200A Auto Ingot
After I connected everything back, the TPMS no longer works.. Anybody else get this?
For me the tpms didn't work for a few mintutes after changing out the wheel, but then they came back on, guess they "re boot".

Sponsored

GThunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
Just installed my R wheel today on my auto. Pretty simple install made for a nice afternoon project!

RoadDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
[MENTION=14275]DB23[/MENTION]........thanks for the insight..I was hoping..!

(Bill @ CJ makes it ALL look so easy..)

Temovic55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 2014, ROUSH II 2018
Vehicle Showcase
12. Make sure you squeeze the silver trim pieces until they snap into the plastic behind the spokes.

13. Sit back and enjoy your new wheel!
IMG_1342a.jpg
Hey mate!
Do you have any idea if the '' R '' version is still compatible with the s550 ? I'm thinking of the R's just to match the interior.! Thoughts

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hey mate!
Do you have any idea if the '' R '' version is still compatible with the s550 ? I'm thinking of the R's just to match the interior.! Thoughts
You should be just fine, I had my R steering wheel put in my S550 3 years ago and I haven't had a issue. Materials are holding up well too.

Here's a pic:
R Steering Wheel.PNG

Temovic55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 2014, ROUSH II 2018
Vehicle Showcase
You should be just fine, I had my R steering wheel put in my S550 3 years ago and I haven't had a issue. Materials are holding up well too.

Here's a pic:
R Steering Wheel.PNG
Thanks Demon Coyote for the reply :) looks sharp... it's just that in every website they say it's compatible to 15-17 ! I'm not sure if it would fit on the 18-19 :question: I couldn't find a thread here either...
Sponsored