Sponsored

Where to go for door respray?

Bubba Bear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
my velocity blue brand new car is now messed up and I need a respray. Theres a dealership body shop that gets 4.5 stars on Yelp, but do they have access to Ford OEM paint? Is it better to find a high end indie shop? I'm really bummed out about this as the car is pretty much brand new
Sponsored

Last edited:

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
I'd be less worried about the paint and more concerned with the reputation of the shop, and if they do good work.

It's base/clear, don't overthink it, the skill of the person doing the bodywork, spraying, and finish work is more important than what's in the spray gun.

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
all good body shops have a paint system they use... r m diamont, sikkens, glasserit, they all can match oem colors.. i use r m and there color match is dead on , ive also shot glasserit 55 line, ppg, chromax,
id be concern on both ends .... cheap paint, is that cheap... cheap clear is just that... less uv protection, less solids less durability

ive done full paints on cars and the owners have brought them back for like a detail or other non related paint stuff...and the paint looks as good as the day i sprayed it .. last guy brought back his 74 caddy for a new top i sprayed it 8 yrs ago and its still looks like it was done 2 weeks ago

and about velocity blue i think its base/clear coat.. i know my lightning blue is a tristage.. meaning its base then mid then clear ..id have to look on my comp at work to see if its a 2 stage or a 3
Sponsored