p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
anyone getting this DTC after upgrading?

Code: U0542 - Invalid Data Received From Headlamp Control Module A

Additional Fault Symptom:

- Alive/Sequence Counter Incorrect/Not Updated

- Previously Set DTC - Not Present at Time of Request

- Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC

- Test not complete

Module: Instrument Panel Control Module
I had that same error for several months and then used Breeves base asbuilt codes for the IPC and then programmed each individual option my car has after that and the error code disappeared.
Sponsored

dawolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red mustang GT
What rubber bumpers ate you talking about? Any pics?[/QUOTE

This is the original cluster bezel trim, the picture shows one of the rubber bumpers I referred to. These same bumpers are on the digital cluster bezel.
IMG_20190511_024040.jpg

338lm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
Every time I start the car, the MyColor settings go back to the defaults. I can change the Primary and Secondary colors fine, but next time I start the car they go back to the defaults again.
Also, the Ambient lighting is always off, even though it is turned on in the cluster menu. In order to turn the ambient lights on, I have to disable, then enable them again. But once I turn off the car, and start it again they are off and I have to again turn them off then on again. The ambient lighting setting is saving my color selection between power cycles, but I just can't get them to stay on.
Has anyone else seen anything like this with the MyColor settings?
Just in case anyone else encounters this, I FINALLY figured it out, and fixed it!
I had my key linked to my memory seat, as explained here https://www.sherwoodford.ca/blog/how-to-program-the-memory-seats-in-your-ford-vehicle/
Setting Up Ford Key Fob Memory
Every time I got in the car, the key fob memory would reset to what it thought were my preferences. Since I had linked the key before installing the digital cluster, it went back to the factory default colors and ambient lighing (which was off). I unlinked my key, and now the settings are retained from the last time I drove the car. :facepalm:

divpreet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Divpreet
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2017 GT Manual Australia spec
Vehicle Showcase
Shoutout to @breeves002 for helping me get all the parts for the upgrade and the straightforward instructions and as built data. Just finished the installation and programming the digital dash upgrade on my Australian Manual 2017 GT, took me about 3 hours in total (cutting the plastic section took more than 30 minutes, used a drill bit and a hacksaw blade to cut it off)
Just a couple of minor issues left - an annoying ding on start up with no errors being displayed and figuring out how to get the my mode to be remembered.
But I am sure I ll be able to figure it out.

Last edited:

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Another satisfied Sam @breeves002 customer here, plug and play kit turned out to be genuine plug and play indeed. Just one small glitch with the setting for the gear indicator which we managed to fix online via Teamviewer despite an ocean and a 7 hour time difference between us.

I'm really stoked about the whole setup as it not only looks very cool but actually adds very useful functionality as well with the digital speedo, audio track display, navigation arrow display and (very handy) the steering wheel nav access button. And mind you all that even works with Sync2!

Sponsored

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
Im in the middle of installing a digi dash in my 16. Dash is sick I just was not happy with how flimsy the cluster was being just mounted to the bottom with noting supporting the rear of it. I was gonna make some brackets, but I decided to try and trim the plastic part that I un bolted and cut out behind the dash. Im happy to report that with a little trimming I made that part fit and bolt it in behind the cluster perfect and it supports it great and is rock solid.

divpreet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Divpreet
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
When I hit the nav button on the steering wheel only a compass pops up.
390A4DF4-F38E-4C51-B274-E9C8E54ABB1C.jpeg
Figure out what controls that navigation section yet?

I had the nav working and then I changed the IPC/SCCM as built data and now it isn't working and showing me the compass as well.

I will be changing each value tonight to see if that changes this and report back, if you haven't already found it.

bj928

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
john
Vehicle(s)
f150
i'm hoping to get a salvage 2018/19 Lincoln navigator as a donor for engine and transmission, apparently they use the same cluster but with a different graphics program, i'm wondering if it can be reprogrammed with the mustang graphics, the Lincoln graphics is nowhere near as nice

divpreet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Divpreet
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So it’s IPC ABD for 720-05-01
xx*x xxxx xxxx
3 shows the nav options
0 shows the compass

The last 2 bits change automatically, probably checksum changes.
Of course if you use @breeves002 ’s ABD it works.

Sponsored

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
Put in the extra brackets recommended by @okfoz in post #880

Was hearing a rattle coming from the dash area so hopefully these added secure points solve it.

whokilledkaji

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
Installed my digital cluster from Sam @breeves002 this weekend. Totally plug and play with zero issues! I have a 2018, so it took less than 40 minutes to install.

JRedondox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Just got the cluster installed on my GT350R everything works except exhaust and drive mode. I can hear the actuators do the self check when i turn on the ignition the first time but nothing on the cluster. See link below.

Last edited:

LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT
Okay so I'm finally ready to pull the trigger on this project for my European '17 GT. But since shipping to Denmark from outside the EU sometimes is f*cking sh*t, I don't know how long it will take from 'Buy product to receive product'. Last thing from US got stuck at the Customs for two weeks.
If I remember correctly I can change the mileage setting to the correct number once its time to do the install right? Is there somekind of proof needed that U don't cheat whit this? Get a Ford dealer to verify it?
Sponsored