www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
DCTMS will do a 2018+ steering wheel. You just need to supply the steering wheel...and then be prepared to wait a long time. I bought a 2018 steering wheel from a wrecked GT. I gave it to Ivan. 3 months later I received it back. Did I mention that you have to be patient?

I did the full leather and had him thicken up the 9 and 3 positions for my big hands. Turned out pretty good. I took the opportunity to do some rewiring to use the volume controls from the 2018 GT wheel. They are now on the proper (left side),

DCTMS steering wheel.jpg

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
DCTMS will do a 2018+ steering wheel. You just need to supply the steering wheel...and then be prepared to wait a long time. I bought a 2018 steering wheel from a wrecked GT. I gave it to Ivan. 3 months later I received it back. Did I mention that you have to be patient?

I did the full leather and had him thicken up the 9 and 3 positions for my big hands. Turned out pretty good. I took the opportunity to do some rewiring to use the volume controls from the 2018 GT wheel. They are now on the proper (left side),

DCTMS steering wheel.jpg
Good work!

Vectors2Final

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 BL Navi L/19 GT350 Ruby
Hmmm...

So I can get a GT wheel and just put all the buttons and stuff from my 350 on once it's done?

Sponsored

nameuser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP2, 1969 Chevelle
Vehicle Showcase

DCTMS steering wheel.jpg
How much was it?

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I can get a GT wheel and just put all the buttons and stuff from my 350 on once it's done?
Yep. Any 2018-19 Mustang steering wheel works. They are all interchangeable. Easy to move the GT350 buttons and trim over. I liked the left side for the volume controls so I used the GT buttons instead. Required a bit of rewriting but otherwise worked out well. No wiring changes needed if you reuse all of the stuff from your current steering wheel.

How much was it?
Used steering wheel with buttons and all trim was $125. DCTMS charged $420. Probably would have been a little less if I did not require some customization.

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
Yep. Any 2018-19 Mustang steering wheel works. They are all interchangeable. Easy to move the GT350 buttons and trim over. I liked the left side for the volume controls so I used the GT buttons instead. Required a bit of rewriting but otherwise worked out well. No wiring changes needed if you reuse all of the stuff from your current steering wheel.
C476C79B-60DE-4C40-A037-CCB15924C07B.jpeg

I did the same thing. Volume control on the right side makes no sense for my own use so I was very pleased when Ford did the change for the 18 MY. It isn’t a direct swap as the wiring needs modification but the switches do plug in to the older connectors once the wiring is sorted out.

Sponsored

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did the same thing. Volume control on the right side makes no sense for my own use so I was very pleased when Ford did the change for the 18 MY. It isn’t a direct swap as the wiring needs modification but the switches do plug in to the older connectors once the wiring is sorted out.
The only thing I would like to do is change the mute button to actually mute. It currently still acts as the voice command button. Is there any way change the action for the button?

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
The only thing I would like to do is change the mute button to actually mute. It currently still acts as the voice command button. Is there any way change the action for the button?
That is a question I do not have an answer for. My guess is no but maybe some coding can be changed in Forscan, beyond that I can’t see how.
Sponsored