Sponsored

Steeda FCA Lateral and Tension links?

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
If I'm going to install the complete Steeda front roll center & bumpsteer kit 555-4915, is it recommended to go ahead and install the LCA tension links 555-4907 at the same time?

Non dd looking for the best bang for the buck suspension mods for high spirited driving.

Already installed on a PP GT: FP track shocks/struts, Eibach Pros, BMR sway bars/endlinks, cradle lockout CB005 and a 4 pt front brace CB006.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
If I'm going to install the complete Steeda bumpsteer kit 555-4915, is it recommended to go ahead install the LCA tension links 555- 4907 at the same time?

Non dd looking for the best bang for the buck suspension mods for high spirited driving.

Already installed on a PP GT: FP track shocks/struts, Eibach Pros, BMR sway bars/endlinks, cradle lockout CB005 and a 4 pt front brace CB006.
The lateral / tension links aren't required with the bumpsteer kit but I'd recommend them.

The bumpsteer kit also isn't required but it's definitely recommended more than the previous situation with just the bumpsteer kit.

Either way do both, it's worth it.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
The lateral / tension links aren't required with the bumpsteer kit but I'd recommend them.

The bumpsteer kit also isn't required but it's definitely recommended more than the previous situation with just the bumpsteer kit.

Either way do both, it's worth it.
+1. If going in there do both. The tension link bearing is worth it. Makes sense to upgrade both arms. With the Steeda front control arms it improved the steering feel and response immensely. The front suspension cycles better and you lose all the vagueness from the stock steering. My steering is now super tight. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
JohnBoyNC

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
+1. If going in there do both. The tension link bearing is worth it. Makes sense to upgrade both arms. With the Steeda front control arms it improved the steering feel and response immensely. The front suspension cycles better and you lose all the vagueness from the stock steering. My steering is now super tight. :thumbsup:
I like the sound of increased steering feel and response. I've really noticed how vague it is since recently installing shocks/struts and sway bars. And during spirited driving I'm having to put the drive mode to track and it still feels quite numb.

Is there a true performance gain from the bearings vs. the bushings on the tension link?

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I like the sound of increased steering feel and response. I've really noticed how vague it is since recently installing shocks/struts and sway bars. And during spirited driving I'm having to put the drive mode to track and it still feels quite numb.

Is there a true performance gain from the bearings vs. the bushings on the tension link?
That's up to you. In terms real "performance" gain on street no. The bearing would provide the ultimate in feel if you want to have the most direct response. Although Steeda uses a stiffer durometer bushing I'd imagine it still deflects some.

Personally I wouldn't upgrade the tension link just to get a stiffer bushing. Its additional work that I don't see enough of a payoff, but that's me. There and pros and cons so I'd label it as personal preference.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Personally I wouldn't upgrade the tension link just to get a stiffer bushing
Agreed. If you're going to do it, rid the car of the bushings. The nvh is extremely minimal.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Agreed. If you're going to do it, rid the car of the bushings. The nvh is extremely minimal.
Yeah NVH very minimal. In fact my ride improved as result of it.
Sponsored