Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Have you taken your to the track? Been awhile since I've been on here lol
Interesting on the trans... I need to get mine done too. I have an ever so slight 3-4 shift flare that will eventually get worse.

My car has been 148 mph on about 12 psi tbrough the full exhaust with a 1.8 sixty LOL on my 18” DD tire set up.

Haven’t got serious about attacking an ET yet, but the mph tells me it’s making good power.
Sponsored

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
Interesting on the trans... I need to get mine done too. I have an ever so slight 3-4 shift flare that will eventually get worse.

My car has been 148 mph on about 12 psi tbrough the full exhaust with a 1.8 sixty LOL on my 18” DD tire set up.

Haven’t got serious about attacking an ET yet, but the mph tells me it’s making good power.
Hell yeah that's awesome! Well if you plan on making 1000+ I would suggest getting the trans built by LPF! I got their stage 2 package. Same package that the white one that ran 8.4 not long ago has.
You're definitely up there probably around 950! You usually make a little more on the street than you will on a dyno and I saw you said it made a little lower than mid 900's.

Not sure if just changing the clutch and steels is enough for our power levels since not many have been tested for the long run.

I ran it our local 1/8th mile track and trapped the highest mph I had so far. Not to mention I was turned down more than my 9.04 pass! I also added baer front brakes, 15'' welds on a bias ply up front, and have a kirkey waiting to be installed.
The stage two package shifts back like when the car was tune only. Super crisp and shifts right when commanded.

Man you need to get 17's ASAP and put on a two step! got the same MPH as my 9.3 pass but had a 1.6 60'

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I have worked on this for last 7 cars we have built. On a 10 speed the 3.15 is best especially when leaving in 1st. You will shift to 7th with 3.55 and it will slip if you get it down the track. I would put in the upgraded clutches before you even start. It is 100% going to slip it happens on all these 800+ cars. What power adder are you using to get to these levels because it also may be 3.31 is optimal.
Great info but wish I knew this earlier .

I had the 3.55 rear and car would fall flat on its face when it shifted to 7th @7200 .

This was with race gas /Gen 5 whipple /3.5 pulley.
Car made about 850 on the dyno with that combo but does not look like it’s putting down that much at the strip based on my 139-140 traps (full with PP1/premium car )-although it may have been faster if it would stay in 6th gear

Based on the gear calculator I figured 3.31’s would work well (especially since I had an iron assembly already ) at my power level with a 28(27.8 ) inch tire if I was able to trap about 148 mph /7500 in 6th gear . Never got a chance to test as it started slipping especially after he he “fixed” the torque management to stop cutting spark between shifts .
Transmission is out getting the McCleod clutches and hopefully should have it done this week . Do the clutches need breaking in ?

Hell yeah that's awesome! Well if you plan on making 1000+ I would suggest getting the trans built by LPF! I got their stage 2 package. Same package that the white one that ran 8.4 not long ago has.
You're definitely up there probably around 950! You usually make a little more on the street than you will on a dyno and I saw you said it made a little lower than mid 900's.

Not sure if just changing the clutch and steels is enough for our power levels since not many have been tested for the long run.

I ran it our local 1/8th mile track and trapped the highest mph I had so far. Not to mention I was turned down more than my 9.04 pass! I also added baer front brakes, 15'' welds on a bias ply up front, and have a kirkey waiting to be installed.
The stage two package shifts back like when the car was tune only. Super crisp and shifts right when commanded.

Man you need to get 17's ASAP and put on a two step! got the same MPH as my 9.3 pass but had a 1.6 60'
Is the LPF transmission available to buy without having to buy their turbo kit ?
Any plans on a a converter ?

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Here are the calculator results for the 3.31 rear .

Is 6th 1.28:1 or 1.27:1 ?

With a true 28 inch tire(have several
Bias ply tires I could use ) I could trap up to 154 mph (doubt I would ever make that much power ) staying in 6th@7800 rpm .
33188678-4DAA-4A23-8C7D-55D103C5B012.png
36B03922-5D1A-446C-BE0D-D1EA17A8B3E2.png

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!

Bad ass bro, youre getting serious!! Id love to get the trans built... that is on my short list... definitely before a motor lol.

I want to add the lighter Baer brakes and go to a 15" set up but i dont want to lose the E brake.. only thing keeping me from doing it!

What all is included in the stage 2 trans by LPF?

Sponsored

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
Bad ass bro, youre getting serious!! Id love to get the trans built... that is on my short list... definitely before a motor lol.

I want to add the lighter Baer brakes and go to a 15" set up but i dont want to lose the E brake.. only thing keeping me from doing it!

Baer has drag brakes out now that allow you to keep ebrake, but you have to run 17s. Also allows you to run 17s up front if have the Brembos now
I’m also interested in the stage 2 trans. I’ve never seen anything other than the steels/clutches

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Baer has drag brakes out now that allow you to keep ebrake, but you have to run 17s. Also allows you to run 17s up front if have the Brembos now
I’m also interested in the stage 2 trans. I’ve never seen anything other than the steels/clutches
That's awesome on the brakes!! Link? I havent seen these yet.

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I believe @Toy Cobra is at 900+ on 3.55s and has pretty strong times. He could probably add some personal experience as well.

I'm a fan of the Baer/ Eradispeed light weight rotors if you already have the brembos. Saves weight and can run on and off track. Not sure on the size and compatibility though for 17s.

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
In for stage 2 10R80 info.

Sponsored

Toy Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I run a Procharger at 900hp with 3.55 gears. It goes into 7th but I am not having any issues with it slipping on the stock trans but I am going to upgrade the clutch/steel pack soon just to be safe. I have run 153mph in the 1/4 with the MT 305s in the rear.

As for rotors I run the Baer Eradispeed but I have the base brakes not Brembos. They work awesome.

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
I run a Procharger at 900hp with 3.55 gears. It goes into 7th but I am not having any issues with it slipping on the stock trans but I am going to upgrade the clutch/steel pack soon just to be safe. I have run 153mph in the 1/4 with the MT 305s in the rear.

As for rotors I run the Baer Eradispeed but I have the base brakes not Brembos. They work awesome.
Doesn’t it fall on its face when you hit 7th?

Toy Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
It’s the 1.1 gear and feels like it still pulls strong. With the Procharger it doesn’t make the super low end power so the 3.55 gears help get it out of the hole I feel like. I have debated trying a 3.31 or 3.15 but haven’t yet.

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
It’s the 1.1 gear and feels like it still pulls strong. With the Procharger it doesn’t make the super low end power so the 3.55 gears help get it out of the hole I feel like. I have debated trying a 3.31 or 3.15 but haven’t yet.
Mine doesn’t like it at all and have heard from others the same thing. I’m definitely changing gears. I’m afraid the 3.31 won’t be enough and have seen a lot of fast cars running the 3.15. So I’ll probably go that route

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
Great info but wish I knew this earlier .

I had the 3.55 rear and car would fall flat on its face when it shifted to 7th @7200 .

This was with race gas /Gen 5 whipple /3.5 pulley.
Car made about 850 on the dyno with that combo but does not look like it’s putting down that much at the strip based on my 139-140 traps (full with PP1/premium car )-although it may have been faster if it would stay in 6th gear

Based on the gear calculator I figured 3.31’s would work well (especially since I had an iron assembly already ) at my power level with a 28(27.8 ) inch tire if I was able to trap about 148 mph /7500 in 6th gear . Never got a chance to test as it started slipping especially after he he “fixed” the torque management to stop cutting spark between shifts .
Transmission is out getting the McCleod clutches and hopefully should have it done this week . Do the clutches need breaking in ?

Is the LPF transmission available to buy without having to buy their turbo kit ?
Any plans on a a converter ?
Yeah if you were able to hold 6th gear all the way past the traps you will be set. What was your 1/8th mile trap? around 115 or so? With a full premium weight car those trap speeds aren't far off at all for 850whp.
I didn't break my clutches in at all. Me and buddy pulled the trans out, had LPF tear it apart and work their magic. Put trans back in and he took for a test drive and said everything is working great. Later that day took it to our 1/8th mile track and couldn't get the car to hook but still did a 1.6 60' and then ran my fastest MPH on a lower setting!

Yes you can absolutely buy the trans kit or have yours sent to LPF and have them put it all together for you. The latter is what most people have done so far being from out of state.
So far that trans has been holding over 1300whp just fine.

See I did them just in the front! Saved a ton of weight up there and kept my Ebrake! That is also where I did the 15" wheel. They weight only 19lbs a piece!!

For the stage 2 trans don't quote me 100% on this but I believe it is the Mcloed clutches and steels of course, plus added in clutches/steels into each clutch pack.
Best place to ask is to send Limitless Performance & Fabrication a message on their facebook page. Tell them Russell James sent you and they will get you squared away!

They got mine done in one night after dropping off the trans. I told him ahead of time when I was bringing it so the parts were already there for them.
Sponsored