Sponsored

Alignment to what specs?

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Here are the suggested number from Eibach for the Pro-Kit springs that I have installed:

Front:
Camber -1.0
Caster 7.5
Toe 0.2

Rear:
Camber -1.4
Toe 0.2

Should I stay with these numbers or what else is suggested?

Current setup:
FP Track shocks/struts
Eibach Pro-Kit springs
BMR sway bars/end links set to softest f/r
BMR CB005 cradle lockout kit #2
BMR CB006 front chassis brace
BMR camber bolts

Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
JohnBoyNC

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Maybe something more like this?

This was from BmacIL responding to someone asking for specs for a non-DD, more sport oriented ride, which is what I am after.

Front
Camber: -1.8 to -2.0
Toe: 0.02 to 0.05 per side, same both sides

Rear
Camber: -1.4 to -1.6
Toe: 0.10 to 0.12 per side, thrust angle 0.00

OP
OP
JohnBoyNC

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
What about the caster?

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
What about the caster?
You can't adjust that with the parts you have. The caster will be determined by how much you are lowered. I wouldn't worry about that. I would expect you'll end up somewhere between 7.6 and 8.0 degrees caster. If the caster isn't off side-side by more than 0.5 deg or so that's perfectly fine.

I run camber about -1.8 all the way around and I love it. A little less in the rear though is better for straight line traction.

Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Here is what I have the majority of my customers run, that are not focused primarily on drag racing.

Attachments

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Just as an aside - the Ford "track" specs (if you can even call it that) called for -1.6 front and -2 rear. It doesn't make sense to me why they'd do that, but I've tried it on the street. It was very fun.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Here is what I have the majority of my customers run, that are not focused primarily on drag racing.
Yup this or what was posted above. The more track (road course) oriented your car, the more camber you will need.

AlbertD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
What will the car be used for? If mainly street driving, the camber Eibach provided seems fine. It is on the mild side , but overall OK.The toe numbers Eibach provided seem off to me. You want just a tad bit of toe in up front to help with minimizing dartiness and a bit more toe in in the rear for a stable setup under hard braking and applying power out of a corner. I updated toe values in red below that I would use for primarily a street setup...

Front:
Camber -1.0
Caster 7.5
Toe 0.2->.02-.05 (per side)

Rear:
Camber -1.4
Toe 0.2->.10-.12 (per side)

If you take corners a bit harder on the street then I would go with BMR or Bmacs recommendation.

OP
OP
JohnBoyNC

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Are the range of BmacIL's numbers interdependent based on what camber you choose? Meaning, if you want a more aggressive front camber of -2.0 should you set the toe at the higher of the range to 0.05? Or are the two ranges mutually exclusive and as long as your in the range your ok?

Last edited:

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Are the range of BmacIL's numbers interdependent based on what camber you choose? Meaning, if you want a more aggressive front camber of -2.0 should you set the toe at the higher of the range to 0.05? Or are the two ranges mutually exclusive and as long as your in the range your ok?
No. The toe setting is independent of camber. Always run at least 0.10 toe per side on the rear. 0.10-0.12 is a good point to shoot at. Front toe may be a bit more subjective. Running zero toe will make the steering more responsive, but some recommend a little toe IN which adds some stability. Small increments makes a difference. I like zero toe personally on my car. 0 - 0.05 per side is a good starting point. Ask the shop to try to make it even on both sides. Same with the rear toe. And tell them thrust angle 0.00.

Depending on how spirited you drive, you may want more less camber than Bmac's specs. But it's a very good alignment spec to follow or use as a starting point. It should work very well for spirited driving on the street.
Sponsored