Sponsored

Why don't car reviewers hear the Mustang "tick" or 2k noise?

ponyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2012 MCA Mustang
I know reviewers are only in the car for a limited time, but these are press cars that get passed around and I am sure the miles add up. I have never seen a review where the "tick" or the 2k rattle was ever mentioned by a reviewer. If you are reviewing a car and it makes strange noises I would think that would be worth mentioning.I wish motorweek would do a long term test on the 2019 V8 mustang. I was ready to buy a new Bullitt Mustang, but all the talk of ticks and rattles have me second guessing the purchase. I am 65 years old and call me old school, but I have never bought a new car with the mind set that when the engine blows, just use the warranty to get it replaced. I have owned many new cars and I have never worried about a defective engine. As for extended warranties, I have never bought one for a car. I never felt the need and if I had bought one it would have been a waste of money as I never had problems that would require one. I have bought a few for other products and there always seem to be a reason that the warranty does not cover the problem. If these are real problems then Ford needs to fix them instead of telling customers that this is normal. As a potential customer I want and expect a reliable car. That does not seem like it is too much to ask of a car company. I love the Mustang and I always have, but why take a chance on problems and fighting with the manufacturer.
Sponsored

jonny10buds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt, 1972 Lincoln Continental MkIV, 2010 Honda Accord (daily driver)
I know reviewers are only in the car for a limited time, but these are press cars that get passed around and I am sure the miles add up. I have never seen a review where the "tick" or the 2k rattle was ever mentioned by a reviewer. If you are reviewing a car and it makes strange noises I would think that would be worth mentioning.I wish motorweek would do a long term test on the 2019 V8 mustang. I was ready to buy a new Bullitt Mustang, but all the talk of ticks and rattles have me second guessing the purchase. I am 65 years old and call me old school, but I have never bought a new car with the mind set that when the engine blows, just use the warranty to get it replaced. I have owned many new cars and I have never worried about a defective engine. As for extended warranties, I have never bought one for a car. I never felt the need and if I had bought one it would have been a waste of money as I never had problems that would require one. I have bought a few for other products and there always seem to be a reason that the warranty does not cover the problem. If these are real problems then Ford needs to fix them instead of telling customers that this is normal. As a potential customer I want and expect a reliable car. That does not seem like it is too much to ask of a car company. I love the Mustang and I always have, but why take a chance on problems and fighting with the manufacturer.
The only ones you’ll hear about on the internet are the broken ones, they can’t all be broken.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
If you read internet forums on any car, you probably will never buy a new car ever again...….Seriously though, these problems are really nothing compared to my 2006 VW Jetta 2.0T DSG, which I bought new, weathered all the issues and still daily drive because I love it. Buy one and enjoy it and don't fret over something that may never happen.

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
If you are going to believe and worry about everything you read on the internet you should buy a prius. Or live under a rock

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Car forums are often to find solutions to problems. I've never had a tick or rattle in any of my mustangs including supercharged ones. The Bullitt is simply an awesome car. I'm 64 and I absolutely can't wait to drive it every day. Bad news always dominates good news. People like to bitch. Go get one. They are dependable sporty muscle cars. You will LOVE owning it! You'll get looks every where you go.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
If you are going to believe and worry about everything you read on the internet you should buy a prius. Or live under a rock
Toyota quit making the Prius.....

Sponsored

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8

I think the vast majority of owners have no issues. I had a '19 GT. I had no issues affecting driveablity. Mine did "tick" a little bit I noticed at idle after I drove it and pulled into the garage. But barely audible. I think most of them have the 2k RPM grind/diesel/rattle sound. Mine developed very early into ownership. That was kind of annoying I will admit but didn't seem to affect the driveablity of the car. However, if the 2K grind/diesel/rattle was present on my test drive, I would have probably not have bought the car b/c it's just something I don't want to hear on a brand new car.

OP
OP

ponyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2012 MCA Mustang
I want to thank everyone for their constructive comments and encouragement, but I think I will pass on buying a Prius and living under a rock. Thanks all.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I want to thank everyone for their constructive comments and encouragement, but I think I will pass on buying a Prius and living under a rock. Thanks all.
I don't blame you both are to small and uncomfortable I might ad under powered.

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
So how many have blown up as a result of the tick?? I may be out of touch I haven't heard of any blown up bullitts.

Usually this sort of thread is intended to stir the pot as opposed to be helpful in any way. OP likely had no intension of buying a mustang anyway.
Sponsored