Sponsored

GT350R Track Prep...Brakes Pads and Fluid?

SgdriskillGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
Excited to pick up my GT350R in June, and I’ll be taking it to the road coarse for HPDEs after break in.

I can’t find specs on the brake pads and brake fluid that come with the car. I’ve used Ferodo DSUNO pads and Castrol SRF racing fluid with my 18 GT, but I don’t know what comes on the 350R from factory.

Should I swap the brake pads and fluid for the track? Anybody know what come on the 350R?
Sponsored

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
I am interested in your experience with the Ferodo DS1.1 pads. How were they for daily driving?

OP
OP
SgdriskillGT

SgdriskillGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
I am interested in your experience with the Ferodo DS1.1 pads. How were they for daily driving?
I would not use them for daily driving. I tried but they were way too squeaky. You’ll want to switch pads for track days.

OnTrack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Ruby Red
I would not use them for daily driving. I tried but they were way too squeaky. You’ll want to switch pads for track days.
Replace them both. The fluid is DOT 4, but not to the quality of SRF. If you run in advanced groups, the pads will last a weekend, but be disappointing in braking power. I just swapped both of those items on my GT350, but I just street drive with race pads. It's not my daily driver and the stock pads dust just as much.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'd be surprised if you exceed the performance of the stock pads. Most won't. Do change the fluid, though. Can't beat SRF.

Sponsored

tedj101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby 350GT Steeda springs, sways, camber plates, toe links etc: 14 BMW 328d
Excited to pick up my GT350R in June, and I’ll be taking it to the road coarse for HPDEs after break in.

I can’t find specs on the brake pads and brake fluid that come with the car. I’ve used Ferodo DSUNO pads and Castrol SRF racing fluid with my 18 GT, but I don’t know what comes on the 350R from factory.

Should I swap the brake pads and fluid for the track? Anybody know what come on the 350R?
I use DS UNOs and SRF. Changed to those immediately upon getting the car. If I am going on a long road trip, I change back to the stock pads (which are essentially DS 2500s). The DS UNOs have an amazing initial bite! Not the least bit cold blooded. Moreover, I don't have any squeal problems with them.

<TED>

OP
OP
SgdriskillGT

SgdriskillGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
I use DS UNOs and SRF. Changed to those immediately upon getting the car. If I am going on a long road trip, I change back to the stock pads (which are essentially DS 2500s). The DS UNOs have an amazing initial bite! Not the least bit cold blooded. Moreover, I don't have any squeal problems with them.

<TED>
I really like the DSUNO pads. I’m probably going to switch to them for the 350 as well.

I did find them to have a ton of squeal. But that’s a part of a race pad.
Sponsored