Sponsored

Fellow Active Exhaust owners... Question for you....

OP
OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Why was this moved? This isn’t about modding
Sponsored

RoyalCrimsonGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bong
Vehicle(s)
2018 MGT P, 10R80, PP1, MagneRide, ActiveExhaust
Vehicle Showcase
90% in sport mode as well even more so after e85 sport mode is just so alive. Could be just my car but while on sports mode, if I switched exhaust mode to track, it seems to lose some bottom end torque so unless I need to go balls to the wall, sport mode it is all day.

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
While we are on this topic...

Cold starts.

They are extremely loud, and even when started in track mode, it sounds like something closes and quiets it down after 20 or so seconds. Is it just me or does anyone else notice that?

RoyalCrimsonGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bong
Vehicle(s)
2018 MGT P, 10R80, PP1, MagneRide, ActiveExhaust
Vehicle Showcase
Cold start is a different animal, nothing to do with AE system although you can quiet it down some with “quiet start” or quiet mode.

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Cold start is a different animal, nothing to do with AE system although you can quiet it down some with “quiet start” or quiet mode.
I don't want to quiet it down, I want it to stay the same level. It just sounds like something closes even in track mode.

Owltown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red Mustang GT PP1,
Picture this, cursing in the mountains doing what comes natural for an A10/PP1 GT at night. Great empty roads with lots of curves, clear dry night WONDERFUL... What is you biggest fear. DEER!!! They just appear in front of you... Well, with the exhaust in track mode the deer seem to just stay away.. They get blinded by the lights, but when they hear the sound they know where it is coming from and they scatter in the other direction.. Never thought the exhaust would be a safety device.. Someone needs to talk to the insurance company..... HA HA

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
I stay in track mode pretty much all the time. Have a resonator delete X pipe in the exhaust as well.
Its far from "loud" IMO and the drone seems highly negligible to me.
Obviously to each his own and age might play into it, but I do find track mode to be louder than I would want in every day driving. I use it for spirited driving when light to no traffic and empty on/off ramps.

MyMode is set to sport exhaust/steering/normal mode trans and I find that to be more acceptable.

Starts are set to always be in quiet mode although a true cold start seems to not be affected and is loud anyways....so I keep the garage closed a few seconds till it calms down (remote start).

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I'm really trying to get my head around whether I want to locate a car with the AH or or not. I'm shopping an "in stock" 19 (possible 18 if any exist), or even a lightly used car, so my AH availability is all dependent on what's out there. A few cars I'm investigating at the moment don't have it.

This has also been made a little more interesting by the fact I confirmed my Solo Mach Thunder on my [current] '16 will fit an 18/19, just needs some dual tips (they're modular and available from Solo!) I LOVE how this exhaust sounds, I don't use my car for a daily, cold starts aren't really an issue, but it is a pretty cool option and it's fairly inexpensive.

FWIW, I'll be adding some LTs, with HFCs, so I'm trying to factor in the whole package (i.e., would the OEM Active Exhaust be handy for dialing back the LTs ...)

Hivel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I'm really trying to get my head around whether I want to locate a car with the AH or or not.

FWIW, I'll be adding some LTs...)
No. AH is not the exhaust you are looking for. The reason to get AH is to make the car quieter.
You are installing headers; I guess, to make more power. The Coyote needs free flowing 3” exhaust pipes to max out the power.

Cheers,
Sponsored