Sponsored

2015 Mustang GT Covertible Problems

knautical2001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT convertible premium, 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC, 2018 Ford F-150 Lariat
I recently bought a 2015 Ford Mustang GT premium Convertible with 19,000 miles. I LOVE IT, But I have some questions, 1. Does anyone else have problems with their automatic up windows only going up an inch at a time instead of all the way up? 2. When you hook or unhook the top to put it down or to lock it back up, does anyone else's stereo cut out? 3. Has anyone else had problems with the stereo flipping back and forth between phones if you have more than one hooked up to the two USB ports (One under the stereo and one in the center glove box)? Thanks.
IMG_1114.JPG
Sponsored

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
1) No
2) Thats by design, it changes the output of the stereo to optimize for top up or down.
3) Havent tried it. I prefer Sync. I have a problem with the Apple CarPlay refusing to release control when plugged in unless completely disabled on the phone.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
The windows are one touch down only you have to hold the switch up to roll the windows back up. The radio is designed to cut out when you unlatch the top. I've only used sync don't know about that one.

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Lots of cool info in the convertables section above. Check it out.

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Congrats on your "new" vert! You have discovered the Achilles heal of an otherwise awesome car. There is no auto-up on the windows :facepalm:, and the sound system is absolute crap :explode:! You may be able to fix the SYNC issue with a software update (browse electronics forum for SYNC3). I have conceded to accept what I have as far as the stereo goes and put my money into suspension and performance. I hooked up a large hard drive in the center console and listen to FLAC's.

Sponsored

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
He has a 15 so no Sync. IIRC the SmarTop address’s the auto up window issue?

Rick369

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
He has Sync. It is version 2. Starting with the 2016 model year, the Mustang received the new Sync 3 system.

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
He has Sync. It is version 2. Starting with the 2016 model year, the Mustang received the new Sync 3 system.
Sorry, yes, no Sync 3 is what I ment.

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT Vert, 2016 GT Vert
To get auto up for the windows you would need a 17 or newer. The 15-16 models do not have the hardware for auto up. the Smart top will not enable auto window up either, but it does make the top operation much nicer.

GeosGTVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a TSB or other info on the rear windows not going up all the way? I used some silicone spray on the rubber top tray where the window slides into but this is just a temporary fix. I have a 2016

Sponsored

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
I updated my Sync to V3. Specifically 3.10.161...

DropTopBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 EB Conv, Perf Pak, Borla Sport Axleback
Is there a TSB or other info on the rear windows not going up all the way? I used some silicone spray on the rubber top tray where the window slides into but this is just a temporary fix. I have a 2016
Just consider the silicone application part of your normal maintenance. I've had my 'vert for 28 months and do the clean & silicone the gaskets routine about every 4 months. It's amazing how much grime accumulates on all the gaskets so it's just part of keeping your convertible in good condition.

GeosGTVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert
Vehicle Showcase
Do you use the silicone on all the gaskets. What about the rubber seals around the doors and trunk lid etc...

TEIKO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J B
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
I recently bought a 2015 Ford Mustang GT premium Convertible with 19,000 miles. I LOVE IT, But I have some questions, 1. Does anyone else have problems with their automatic up windows only going up an inch at a time instead of all the way up? 2. When you hook or unhook the top to put it down or to lock it back up, does anyone else's stereo cut out? 3. Has anyone else had problems with the stereo flipping back and forth between phones if you have more than one hooked up to the two USB ports (One under the stereo and one in the center glove box)? Thanks.
IMG_1114.JPG

TEIKO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J B
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
Yes the windows don’t go all the way up in the back and the radio cuts out when you unlock the roof
Sponsored