• Total voters

StealthFighter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BOB
Vehicle(s)
-2019 GT premium a10 -pp1 -Shadow Black loaded
So is the PP better with turns and handling?
My 19 gt premium coupe [ pp1, auto, active exhaust] is a hoot to drive, handling is awesome, ride quality is great as I have magnaride suspension upgrade.
It is worth every cent I paid for it and I don't need any add-ons for performance or handling. I use it every day and it will take me on my driving vacation for 4-5 thousand mile round trip
in a few weeks,.
I am averaging 20.6 mpg in mixed driving and 25!! on the road, long distance , I can not ask for anything better for such a spirited driving experience.
Sponsored

Coloradoeco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 eco pp
one guy on the forum had a coffee launched at him in his convertible, I hope this isnt some dumbass trend but I never thought that is something you have to watch out for

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
So is the PP better with turns and handling?
On a track or autocross, yes. On the streets, no. No no no no no no no no no no no. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. You cannot exploit the performance capabilities of any of the Performance Packs on the street unless you're canyon carving or being a hoon. If you're just driving your car as a DD and want a Mustang, there's no problem whatsoever with a base car and loaded with creature comforts.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
Is the Ecoboost Performance Package worth it if I’m just using the car for everyday usage and occasional road trips (no tracking)?
Yes, it is worth it. Bigger brakes, and better performance components translate into a safer and more enjoyable experience while driving . If you prefer spirited driving that is. You don't need a track to appreciate the better components.

O.L.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joël
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost NFG
I have a GT PP I DD. The better brakes are worth it. I prefer the firmer ride. The non-PP seemed floaty. It's really personal preference but IMO the PP makes it a more enjoyable car especially if you occasionally enjoy a twisty run somewhere.
OP is looking for an Ecoboost. So the PP brakes are the base GT brakes. But the bigger brakes makes it a better and safer car.

Sponsored

O.L.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joël
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost NFG
Sorry, double post.

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
I put this on my car for looks, but I gained some firming up front end too. 150 bucks from American muscle on sale.

The bar that connects fenders, also has a brace that goes along back. I’m perfectly happy w it

Only bought for looks, but I think it made a nice little addition too feel
51934B8B-713A-4DD2-B2B0-3C9067293305.jpeg

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
The best answer is to do an inventory search to find cars with the EB PP in your area. Go test drive the car with and without and decide for yourself. That's what I did and I chose to order the PP.

I prefer the tighter, more sporty handling and the better brake feel and performance of the PP. The Mustang is a bit of a dancing elephant on back roads so every bit helps. I included my favorite freeway ramp sweepers from my daily drive on the test drive and even there the difference was enough to make the PP my clear favorite.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Why spend the money for stuff you’ll never use. Car turns fine. Brakes fine. And performs better than most as a DD. You won’t notice you don’t have the PP1 package sitting in traffic. How much spirited driving do the majority of people really do on public roads anyway?

Sponsored
OP
OP

sebrhos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastian
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Quest
How about this, is the PP worth it if I love driving (not racing) on the freeway for fun? Say, going through the scenic 101 in Cali from Santa Barbara to LA or vice versa?

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
How about this, is the PP worth it if I love driving (not racing) on the freeway for fun? Say, going through the scenic 101 in Cali from Santa Barbara to LA or vice versa?
How bout you go drive both. And then buy whatever you like more?

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
Why spend the money for stuff you’ll never use. Car turns fine. Brakes fine. And performs better than most as a DD. You won’t notice you don’t have the PP1 package sitting in traffic. How much spirited driving do the majority of people really do on public roads anyway?
Better brakes mean better stopping power. 19 inch rims with wider, stickier lower profile tires, nicer rims as well, stiffer suspension, bigger radiator, etc This all adds up to better performance. I drive spirited every time I get into my cars. Granted I live in an area where rolling hills and country roads (and no local police force) allow for a very spiritual driving experience. I have no idea where to OP lives, but if he is looking for a sports car I imigine he enjoys spirited driving, otherwise why even ask if the performance package is worth it.

If you are going to buy a sports car, drive it like a sports car and get the performance package so it handles like a proper sports car.

When I went to look and test drive Mustangs, they only had non PP on the lot. I test drove a.50th anniversary package and ordered the PP without ever test driving one. I would never purchase a sports car without a factory sport package if available. That would be incomprehensible.

Last edited:
OP
OP

sebrhos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastian
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Quest
Better brakes mean better stopping power. 19 inch rims with wider, stickier lower profile tires, nicer rims as well, stiffer suspension, bigger radiator, etc This all adds up to better performance. I drive spirited every time I get into my cars. Granted I live in an area where rolling hills and country roads (and no local police force) allow for a very spiritual driving experience. I have no idea where to OP lives, but if he is looking for a sports car I imigine he enjoys spirited driving, otherwise why even ask if the performance package is worth it.

If you are going to buy a sports car, drive it like a sports car and get the performance package so it handles like a proper sports car.

When I went to look and test drive Mustangs, they only had non PP on the lot. I test drove a.50th anniversary package and ordered the PP without ever test driving one. I would never purchase a sports car without a factory sport package if available. That would be incomprehensible.
I live close to the ocean, but still on a hot area that’s high above sea level near LA. I love driving along the CA 101 along the ocean towards San Francisco or the opposite way towards LA and San Diego. I want to enjoy my drive on the freeway while also making daily work commutes enjoyable.
Sponsored