Sponsored

Am I missing something? (From a chevy guy)

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Well ran into a little snag...I'm 6'3 and just sat in one! Had to slide the seat all the way back then adjust the back to lean way back to the point where the back of the seat back was buried into the rear seat. And It still felt like my head was scraping against the roof. These things are not made for tall people (and there is no way you would fit a roll bar or cage in one with a tall driver!).

Sat in a 2013 which was considerably more comfortable. Still get the coyote but everything I've read sounds like the gen 2 in the 6th gens are considerably better (forged rods and better heads). Sounds like 650rwhp on the gen 1s is about it before you get worried.

Still have to take one of the sixth gens for a drive to see if I could live with the head room issue....unfortunately I live in upstate NY where it is still 20 degrees out and seems to be snowing every other day!
The 13/14 cars are the best looking modern mustangs to date IMO. 700 or so is the max you want to go on the gen 1 coyote. I had a 2014 car that i twin turbo'd and it went high 10s at mid 130s shifting gears through the mt82. Was a fun car to drive and looked great but nowhere near as fast or strong as my 2018.

1.jpg

2.jpg
Sponsored

Luce202

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luce
Vehicle(s)
2015 fbo/paxton auto, 2015 fbo stick.
You're not missing anything lol, these cars make stupid power. I came over from the LSX world too and haven't looked back. As far as your roll cage options, I have been researching this for my 15 boosted application. There are a few companies that offer bolt in options if you don't want to slice up your car for a custom weld in. The company in link below offers a cage good to 10s and an option that is good to 8.5 as far as NHRA standards..... and guarantees you will pass tech or they will buy it back. As a bonus it comes with a "gopro style action camera" lol cracked up when I saw that....gimmicks aside it seems like a solid cage as far as bolt ins go and I've seen it in a few cars on youtube that I consider reputable mustang bros. Watson racing also has some bolt in cages but they don't mention any guarantees about passing tech. They might give you a better run down if you contacted them about where their cages stack up as far as NHRA goes.

http://www.tpsmotorsports.com/musta...e-gopro-style-action-camera-harness-belt.html

wht67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
gone
Vehicle Showcase
Well ran into a little snag...I'm 6'3 and just sat in one! Had to slide the seat all the way back then adjust the back to lean way back to the point where the back of the seat back was buried into the rear seat. And It still felt like my head was scraping against the roof. These things are not made for tall people (and there is no way you would fit a roll bar or cage in one with a tall driver!).

Sat in a 2013 which was considerably more comfortable. Still get the coyote but everything I've read sounds like the gen 2 in the 6th gens are considerably better (forged rods and better heads). Sounds like 650rwhp on the gen 1s is about it before you get worried.

Still have to take one of the sixth gens for a drive to see if I could live with the head room issue....unfortunately I live in upstate NY where it is still 20 degrees out and seems to be snowing every other day!
I know what you mean, My wife stopped in at a Ford dealership a week or two before my 50th birthday and had me check out the new Mustangs. I sat in a 2015 GT and was completely uncomfortable. The bolsters dug into my back and I felt so cramped and uncomfortable I didn't even drive it. I'm 6'4" with and my dreams of having a new Mustang were dashed. Then last summer I swung by and sat in a new 2018 GT. The seats were way more comfortable and could adjust low enough to not scrape my head on the roof. Long story short, in February I traded my '07 whippled GT for a '19 Ruby Red A10 GT and absolutely love it! It's not as quick as my '07 yet but I am pretty sure that with suspension, tires, cold air, and E85 tune it could be faster. I really want a Rush or a Whipple for it and then....

OP
OP

AllGoNoShowZ28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Chevys
John-

Was poking around a little bit on your website. Was looking at your seat mounts for the S550s....saw that it says they disable the ABS system....just curious as to why changing the seat mounts will effect that?!

Judging by some older posts about the head room issue for tall people, it sounds like the stock seat mount brackets are artificially taller then they need to be....maybe just fabbing up some new mounts is an option....I really need to get one of these sixth gens. Sounds like I'd be hampering myself with an S197 with the gen 1 coyote....sounds like the gen 2 short block is good for another 100-150hp safely.

Sponsored

ben@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Turbo
John-

Was poking around a little bit on your website. Was looking at your seat mounts for the S550s....saw that it says they disable the ABS system....just curious as to why changing the seat mounts will effect that?!

Judging by some older posts about the head room issue for tall people, it sounds like the stock seat mount brackets are artificially taller then they need to be....maybe just fabbing up some new mounts is an option....I really need to get one of these sixth gens. Sounds like I'd be hampering myself with an S197 with the gen 1 coyote....sounds like the gen 2 short block is good for another 100-150hp safely.
That was a typo it should have read SRS Air Bag system. When you remove the factory seats (air bags in the seats) you unplug that air bag from the system and it disables all of the air bags from what we can tell. Fortunately we have not had anyone test that theory!

If head room is an issue we highly recommend either a Kirkey drag seat or a Sparco 2000 if you want something a little more comfortable

We will have weld in roll bars in addition to our full cage kits soon too.

Daryl333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

Wow are you sure you had the seat fully articulated?
I'm 6'4" and don't even have my seat fully extended up or back. What seats were in the car you tried? I was amazed at the front leg room in my '17 GT Premium.

turboluke9000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrapped Base Mustang GT
I'm 6'4, and I have room to spare in my car. Far cry from a C7 I sat in couple weeks ago; literally could not move the seat enough to look through the windshield rather than over it. Shame too, I was thinking of getting one when I've had enough of the mustang.

lb18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'm 6'4, and I have room to spare in my car. Far cry from a C7 I sat in couple weeks ago; literally could not move the seat enough to look through the windshield rather than over it. Shame too, I was thinking of getting one when I've had enough of the mustang.
This is why I bought my Mustang. I had the exact same experience and I tried every control on that seat to adjust it but just didn't work. Corvette's are not built for tall people
Sponsored