Sponsored

Whipple Gen 5 on a 2016

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Still hoping for some more info regarding fitment.

Will the head unit bolt right on? Then just use my current throttle body. Will the 18 Whipple air box fit my 16? Does the heat exchanger fit correctly? I know the injectors on the 18 kit (stage 1) are different. What injectors and boost a pump would I need? Tune would come from Lund.

Thanks everyone.
The 3.0l won’t be just a head unit swap. The entire manifold is different. The air intake is as well. So if you plan on getting a gen 5 3.0l Kit you’ll need to purchase the entire kit for it to work. Hope that helps.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Torinate

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
The 3.0l won’t be just a head unit swap. The entire manifold is different. The air intake is as well. So if you plan on getting a gen 5 3.0l Kit you’ll need to purchase the entire kit for it to work. Hope that helps.
Yes. Complete and brand new stage 1 kit for a 2018. I have a 2016. Kit is local and available today. It would be stock 16 throttle body for now, with the 132 later at some point. Lund has said they can tune it but I didn’t ask specifics as far as injectors and pump.

Trying to figure out if it’s worth it or not. Kit is a good price and I wouldn’t have to convert to US $.

But, if too much can’t be used or if I would have to repurchase new stuff, not such a great deal.

If the intake won’t work and injectors and pump and tune, there’s an easy 2.5 K that would have to be added over the kit price. That may eat up the savings. However if Whipple only has a tuner kit coming out, I would need those things as well.

I just don’t want to have to get into having to fabricate brackets and source an intake etc.

Decisions decisions.

This Canadian currency to US currency is killing me! Shipping is nuts!

For an $8000 kit (US) it would be the 8000 + local sales tax (6%?), plus 35% exchange, plus 13% tax at the border plus shipping and any other broker fees.

So for this 8 k kit, I’d be looking at $13000 plus shipping and brokerage. Got to pay to play!!

So that’s why I’m looking so hard at this kit. It’s already here.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. Complete and brand new stage 1 kit for a 2018. I have a 2016. Kit is local and available today. It would be stock 16 throttle body for now, with the 132 later at some point. Lund has said they can tune it but I didn’t ask specifics as far as injectors and pump.

Trying to figure out if it’s worth it or not. Kit is a good price and I wouldn’t have to convert to US $.

But, if too much can’t be used or if I would have to repurchase new stuff, not such a great deal.

If the intake won’t work and injectors and pump and tune, there’s an easy 2.5 K that would have to be added over the kit price. That may eat up the savings. However if Whipple only has a tuner kit coming out, I would need those things as well.

I just don’t want to have to get into having to fabricate brackets and source an intake etc.

Decisions decisions.

For an $8000 kit (US) it would be the 8000 + local sales tax (6%?), plus 35% exchange, plus 13% tax at the border plus shipping and any other broker fees.

So for this 8 k kit, I’d be looking at $13000 plus shipping and brokerage. Got to pay to play!!

No matter what you end up doing, NEVER pay full price for a Whipple kit.
A 15% off sale is always only a few weeks away.
Ergo, whatever price old mate has on his second-hand kit, you need to be looking at a new one as a circa $6800 USD type deal.

OP
OP
Torinate

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Good point. 15% off for sure off the top. But the rest stays the same. I’ll definitely figure in he paid the 15% off price when I do my calculations.

The 18 kit is brand new, never installed and still boxed up.

Thanks everyone!

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
I contacted Whipple about this today and they mentioned they are working on a tuner kit. Per the salesman I spoke with, he was not sure if they are going to be selling a complete kit at this time. It’ll only be a matter of time that they start selling tuner kits. I’m not 100% sure if they’ll be selling complete kits or not, only time will tell...
This was the info that I got directly from Whipple as well... Lethal was nice enough to tell me earlier on in this thread that what I had conveyed was not true and they would be selling complete kits.... Glad someone else got the same info as I did directly from the source....

Sponsored

dg98gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Ford Mustang GT, 2016 Ford Mustang GT

Decisions decisions.

Not sure if this is an option for you, but my group travels to Cambridge (Toyota Plant) and maybe someone could bring it to you from the states to avoid all of the fees?

-Derrick

OP
OP
Torinate

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Not sure if this is an option for you, but my group travels to Cambridge (Toyota Plant) and maybe someone could bring it to you from the states to avoid all of the fees?

-Derrick
Thanks Derrick!

I’m 20 minutes from the Toyota plant. My neighbour works there actually.

Where are you coming from? That may be an option though! That would likely save on the 13% tax and border fees if any. Easier to bring in going across then returning. Border usually wants to know what you’re bringing back so they can tax you.

dg98gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Ford Mustang GT, 2016 Ford Mustang GT
Thanks Derrick!

I’m 20 minutes from the Toyota plant. My neighbour works there actually.

Where are you coming from? That may be an option though! That would likely save on the 13% tax and border fees if any. Easier to bring in going across then returning. Border usually wants to know what you’re bringing back so they can tax you.
Coming from Central Kentucky. Toyota's North American headquarters is there and that's who I work for...hence why my group travels a lot too. Yes, getting in with something is easy and they almost never check. Getting out is harder. I usually fly, but some of the guys in my group drive so they have the flexibility to come back when they are done instead of having to drive to Toronto and wait for their flight. Most of us stay in Guelph or Cambridge or Waterloo depending on what plant we are going to....Cambridge or Woodstock.

We can talk more if you get serious to try and coordinate it all.

-Derrick

OP
OP
Torinate

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Thanks much appreciated.

My office is in Guelph. Woodstock is less than an hour as well! All would work great!

Yes, we’ll talk more I’m sure!
Sponsored