Hellion 6266 Dyno, Valve FLOAT? Spark?

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
This is also exactly what my graph looked like (before the damn crank broke ) on my Hellion car .

3beeps, did you ever confirm it was valve float ?
I know swapping springs fixed the issue for Dennism .
I haven't confirmed that it was valve float. I got the 4-to-1 headers to try and combat some backpressure. I haven't dynod the car since the upgrade, though.

I've been considering doing valvesprings but I think I'm gonna wait until I move to a built motor. Seems expensive.

I always wonder if I should switch to an intake manifold that peaks power at a lower RPM. Lund swears the GT350 manifold is what I should stick with no matter what but revving the car that high doesn't seem to benefit me.
Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Thanks man .
It’s interesting that you also have the GT 350 intake .
The dip was not there on previous pulls on the dyno (same motor / boost ) till I swapped the’infake .

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Thanks man .
It’s interesting that you also have the GT 350 intake .
The dip was not there on previous pulls on the dyno (same motor / boost ) till I swapped the’infake .
I really wonder if a ported 2018 manifold would do better since I don't like shifting it much above 7k on the stock motor.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
I haven't confirmed that it was valve float. I got the 4-to-1 headers to try and combat some backpressure. I haven't dynod the car since the upgrade, though.

I've been considering doing valvesprings but I think I'm gonna wait until I move to a built motor. Seems expensive.

I always wonder if I should switch to an intake manifold that peaks power at a lower RPM. Lund swears the GT350 manifold is what I should stick with no matter what but revving the car that high doesn't seem to benefit me.
Is the car running since the swap to Hellion's 4-1 headers? If so, has the top end break up or "float" gone away? Impressions thus far with new headers?
Sponsored