Sponsored

Dealer Frustration

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R 'Hellbat'
*Note* This will come off as whining and complaining. It is what it is. I've bought so many cars and it feels like every time I come back to buy a car, dealers get worse. I had to voice my frustrations to fellow car loving fans.

I have decided to come back to the Mustang family. Unfortunately, I have negative equity that has made making a deal with getting a car difficult, but thanks to discounts/rebates, it's not 'impossible'. That being said, I've never run into so many consistently bad, frustrating, rude, dealers in my life. Dealers don't want to negotiate. Dealers will get to the point of being absolutely rude/disrespectful. The list goes on.

"It seems like all you're worried about is the price, price, price."
"This car is an executive demo, which means it can't be discounted."
"Because of all the rebates, we have to give you the lowest value on your trade in."

I have talked to dozens of dealers. Crap, I've even went to different companies and had this issue. Is it just me that's experiencing this in the Cincinnati/Ohio area? I don't come at these dealers rude, I often time send various websites of information useful in negotiating, ask for best price or ask to beat other's pricing. I don't remember the difficulties back when I bought my first Mustang.
Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
*Note* This will come off as whining and complaining. It is what it is. I've bought so many cars and it feels like every time I come back to buy a car, dealers get worse. I had to voice my frustrations to fellow car loving fans.

I have decided to come back to the Mustang family. Unfortunately, I have negative equity that has made making a deal with getting a car difficult, but thanks to discounts/rebates, it's not 'impossible'. That being said, I've never run into so many consistently bad, frustrating, rude, dealers in my life. Dealers don't want to negotiate. Dealers will get to the point of being absolutely rude/disrespectful. The list goes on.

"It seems like all you're worried about is the price, price, price."
"This car is an executive demo, which means it can't be discounted."
"Because of all the rebates, we have to give you the lowest value on your trade in."

I have talked to dozens of dealers. Crap, I've even went to different companies and had this issue. Is it just me that's experiencing this in the Cincinnati/Ohio area? I don't come at these dealers rude, I often time send various websites of information useful in negotiating, ask for best price or ask to beat other's pricing. I don't remember the difficulties back when I bought my first Mustang.
Sorry to hear you have had problems. In NJ/PA it seemed pretty easy to get to the lowest price. I started with xplan and got quotes from several dealers and used the lowest to go back and see what the others would do. It took a bit of time (about 12 dealers were in the hunt), but never visited a single dealer. I then chose a couple to see them in person and get final quotes and made my choice. I actually did not go with the lowest bid, but it was only a $200 dollar difference. It was because one was much closer. Not a single dealer was rude, but a few needed some prodding to get with the program.

Maybe it was because they think they have you hooked since you are willing to lose money on your current car. They may see that as a weakness and try to exploit it based on your desire to get a Mustang. Not sure how you introduced your current car and equity, but I would not have mentioned it at all until the final price of the car was done. You could then just mention your current car at the end. You could also sell it privately and take it out of the equation altogether. Just hang in there. Patience is your greatest ally. I would just tell them all you are now not sure if you want to buy one now and let them come back to you. They will eventually loosen up.

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
The executive demo thing is a bunch of bs. I called about a demo with 5000 miles and the dealer was trying to sell it as new. Keep looking. I went out of NY to get my car. You may have to travel a bit from the Cincinnati area to get a better deal.
Sponsored