Sponsored

IRS and the adjustable suspension.

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Silver Auto W/3.55's
If the GT Premium w/ PP has adjustable suspension i.e. soft, normal, sport...
What will our opitions be if we want to install say...Ford Racing Handling Package? How will those two items work together?
Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
The GT PP doesn't have adjustable suspension that I am aware of. Also there is no handling package available for the car either. Any adjustability(soft, normal, sport) would be from the shocks/struts and if you replace them with a suspension kit that adjustability goes away unless the kit offers similar shocks/struts.

How about we wait for the car to actually go on sale before we start to speculate on parts?

OP
OP

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Silver Auto W/3.55's
Suspension, Brakes & Chassis

Understood! I made the assumption that Ford Racing would be offering a suspension package for the 2015 just like they did for the 2014.

I'm waiting...I have no choice. Just a bit excited is all. This will be my first Mustang, first Ford for that matter.

I did make a mistake in reference to the (soft, Normal, Sport) that toggle switch mod is for the steering. My Bad!

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
The driving modes also affect the degree to which the traction and stability control intervenes, as well as throttle response.

Regarding handling packages, I think sometimes people go in with the assumption that the stock set-ups are "no good" and thus NEED to be upgraded. I'd say, depending on how you use the car, a change of the suspension parts might work for you, but it really depends on what you think the end goal should be.

This new car has a lower wheel gap between the fenders and the tires, a totally redesigned front and rear suspension system that is supposed to keep the car flatter upon acceleration and braking, as well as (most likely) a changed weight balance front-to-rear than the current Mustangs. Add all these things together, and you might get something in stock form that will be very usable for how you use the car normally. If you are going racing, that's another story.

I ascribe to the "try it before you modify it" philosophy before making big changes.

At any rate, hopefully you will find the new Mustang (stock or modified) to your liking!
Sponsored