So how was your Ford experience today?

Leeroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 FJG manual/'65 289 Coupe
Went to the new ford digital store in Manchester Arndale in the corner of Next the other day....they have a lovely 2018 gt A10 convertible in orange. Seems they don’t have this to test drive, and there is no benefit to ordering from here rather than a dealer as far as I could tell:question:

Anyway, the guy there told me I was looking at the ‘old’ model and they were now taking orders for the MY2019, which is very different:crazy: I believe they are one and the same and the next big change will be 2021 for the S650??
Sponsored

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
Yep the 19s are different B & O sound system, the manual has Rev matching and the eco now has the adaptive exhaust

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
Just the B & O sound system and rev matching on the manual GT, B & O on the auto plus the rear spoiler can now be ordered on both, it was an issue on the 18. Otherwise the same as the 18 GT. There was no adaptive exhaust on the 18 Eco as far as I can recall

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Just the B & O sound system and rev matching on the manual GT, B & O on the auto plus the rear spoiler can now be ordered on both, it was an issue on the 18. Otherwise the same as the 18 GT. There was no adaptive exhaust on the 18 Eco as far as I can recall
The manual gearbox has been improved and has a different revision number...there will be other unadvertised changes...

Sponsored

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My GT has been held up for 5 weeks to be gate released and I’m thinking it was waiting on the new gear parts.

Andy22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 race red gt
My GT has been held up for 5 weeks to be gate released and I’m thinking it was waiting on the new gear parts.
Hi Flamesey how do you know when its gate released does it say on Etis?my manual GT was built on 21/8.

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Best check with your dealer, they should have it on their system

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I spoke to Joe.No info from the States and he cant give me an eta until it arrives in UK..
If you want to pm your vin over to me I should be able to get a friend look into it and let you know what’s happening

Sponsored

Harebear72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT Fastback
I must advise all upon my recent Ford experience on Thursday 8th November.

2 weeks ago I had to take my sons fiesta in for a repair and mentioned to them about a squeaky drivers seat. This has been about for a while and I could not decide if it was the seat base or back or what it was. Someone took a quick look at it and we arranged for it to go in. The 8th was d-day and left it there all day, picked it up the end of the day and it’s all fixed and in some respects feels better than before. Apparently the whole seat was taken out and checked and bolts tightened and greased and the whole seat now has no noises and I can’t decide why but feels 100% better, tighter and like new.

My only gripe was when I got in my car it did not feel right until I realised that the seat was adjusted wrong which was due to the work carried out. 5 minutes later and I was ready to rock and roll.

Car WAS NOT cleaned as requested.

ESSEX FORD DUNTON gets a big thumbs up from me

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Water leak take #2

Dropped off at Ford Hungerford this morning. Timed to perfection as my oil life is on 1%! So that's being done. Also in to have a second check of any water leaks. Was pleased to see that they had printed off the emails I had sent them - the guy on reception had had a read as well as the technician (Paul) who came out & we had a chat. Reassuring to have him quiz me further on the leak situation, and he talked me through what they will do in terms of troubleshooting. I don't think he was super confident they'll be able to find an issue based on my history & current scenario but nice to hear that he'll at least be checking under the carpets, running water tests, checking the common areas etc.

More news to follow!

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Water leak take #2

Dropped off at Ford Hungerford this morning. Timed to perfection as my oil life is on 1%! So that's being done. Also in to have a second check of any water leaks. Was pleased to see that they had printed off the emails I had sent them - the guy on reception had had a read as well as the technician (Paul) who came out & we had a chat. Reassuring to have him quiz me further on the leak situation, and he talked me through what they will do in terms of troubleshooting. I don't think he was super confident they'll be able to find an issue based on my history & current scenario but nice to hear that he'll at least be checking under the carpets, running water tests, checking the common areas etc.

More news to follow!
He may not be able to find an issue if there isn't one !

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
He may not be able to find an issue if there isn't one !
May as well update this post as well...after only about 90 mins I had a call - they've checked under the carpet & confirmed the underside is damp. Stated that they will begin the diagnosis work and start stripping the car. I really hate the thought of it being taken apart but at least this time I'm confident I've god a good technician working on it, rather than the Guildford experience where I was mostly in the dark about what was going on, and can only assume the technicians were wearing blindfolds.
Sponsored