Sponsored

GT350 Replica Front Bumper - Does it look awkward?

myboostedgst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I love the look of the GT350 but I have never seen a GT with the replica front that looks good. From my understanding the GT350 is about 4” wider with a 1” shorter overall height.

Does the fact that the replica fronts seem “squished” to fit the standard fenders and hood make it look awkward? Does anyone else feel the same or am I just overthinking it?
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
You're over thinking it. Part of what makes the GT350 look really good is that it is wider in the fenders, but it doesn't really make the replicas look awkward imo. Still one of the best bumper designs.

fordxgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 XLT 5.0L V8
Vehicle Showcase
The replicas also are typically painted body color in some areas where a real GT350 has black plastic like around the turn signal (which looks better black to me). Sometimes they even paint the fangs in the grill body color

OP
OP
myboostedgst

myboostedgst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Maybe you guys are right. Most of the cars with replica front bumpers have wheels not flush with the fenders. That might be causing my issues thinking the front looks squished and not as wide. I’m sure the fenders play a part too, but not having wide/flush wheels is most likely the biggest cause.

Boss Bandit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Lightning Blue), 1998 Camaro SS
What usually kills the 350 replica bumpers for me is that it lacks the more pronounced outboard framing of the headlights that the real GT350 has, which gives it that ultra-mean, deep set look, coupled with the taller "fender spears" thanks to the hood. Its not that they don't look good; its just that once I noticed that and that the replicas by design cannot replicate that feature it loses much of its appeal.

My GT is currently awaiting a new front end thanks to a hit and run, and I've been weighing my options for a replacement. I considered a 350 replica, but for the above reasons I scratched it off my list. I'll probably either go back to stock or possibly a Steeda Q Series piece.

Sponsored

Stobou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I installed the GT350 Replica Front Bumper and have mixed feelings. I love the revised look but have some regrets with the loss in aerodynamics. Normally the outer corners of the front fascia should exhaust into the front wheel wells. The wheel wells on the actual GT350 have vents on their rear side, which exhaust to the vents in the front fender, promoting improved airflow.

N17

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350, 2018 Macan T , 2021 Ram 1500, 2015 R8
I installed the GT350 Replica Front Bumper and have mixed feelings. I love the revised look but have some regrets with the loss in aerodynamics. Normally the outer corners of the front fascia should exhaust into the front wheel wells. The wheel wells on the actual GT350 have vents on their rear side, which exhaust to the vents in the front fender, promoting improved airflow.
I may be biased but I think it looks good.
But the car definitely needs to be lowered to pull it off.
13D0963C-B02E-42EC-B978-ECFC8F72B88B.jpeg
BDAB443D-FFB3-4A64-B9AB-F8135CD70C9D.jpeg
FE26B66F-7B38-40A6-A907-61E4B8F061BA.jpeg

OP
OP
myboostedgst

myboostedgst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I may be biased but I think it looks good.
But the car definitely needs to be lowered to pull it off.
I will say that your car is maybe the best looking GT350 replica front bumper that I have seen. Properly low and wide wheels really help out. What size wheels and suspension setup are you on?

OP
OP
myboostedgst

myboostedgst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
After a lot of thought, I have come to the conclusion that I will not be going with the replica front. For me it is the fenders, the true GT350 just looks so much wider and shorter, that it looks great. But the rep front bumpers on the GT's just dont look right to me.

I decided on a set of Cervini C-Series grilles, upper and lower. It was between that and the RTR (non LED) but I liked the angle of the Cervini more. I wont be installing them until spring, but when I do I will post a pic.

JPJr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
OP, I understand exactly.
I have the Ikon, and while it looks good for the most part, that subtle difference still bugs me.
CompareGT350_GT350LookAlike.jpg

OP
OP
myboostedgst

myboostedgst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
The GT350 is one of the best looking cars of recent times in my opinion. I wish I could have afforded one.

With that said, I just installed my Cervini C Seies grille today (Upper and Lower). Here is a quick cell phone shot. I’ll get a DSLR photo up later this spring when the car is out of the garage.

I am completely happy with my choice. Honestly I think this grille set looks better than the 350 replica, and just under the actual 350. Super happy I went with this setup.

063890AB-6868-46BE-A125-DCB842F74CC6.jpeg
Sponsored