Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rapid Red GT Premium PP1
So I'm just curious how many miles people on the forum here went on their stock clutches before they switched them out and why.

I'm almost at 40K miles and I'm experiencing some really bad clutch shudder/chatter, which basically shakes my entire car rather violently whenever engaging 1st gear. It's not really that noticeable when the transmission is still cold, but becomes very obvious once warmed up. I purchased the car with just under 30K miles and didn't really notice the issue. I have no idea what could have caused the problem, but now I'm debating if I should take it in to get it checked out and/or replaced.

Would something like this be covered under the warranty? Any recommendations on aftermarket clutches?
Sponsored

Last edited:

KingFuze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeffrey
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP premium mustang
I have 60k miles on the stock clutch. I drive the car 1000 miles a week, 4 drift evenrs, 40+ drag strip passes. Trans whines but clutch is fine. I am by passing doing an aftermarket clutch because I am looking to source a tr3160 to swap in

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
43,000 on stock clutch. No issues yet. Never take it to the strip, but on a rare occasion I give it a few good hard runs between red lights.
Planning on an RST when time comes.

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I've needed a new clutch for the last 8k miles. I'm at 20k even, lol. it's a trash clutch.

Last edited:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
66k miles on mine. It's starting to show some signs of its age/hard life in the last few thousand miles. The bite point is noticeably lower than my friend's with ~20k miles. That said, it still works very well, doesn't slip, chatter or behave oddly in any way.

Sponsored

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Had to have my tob,pilot bearing replaced at 19k miles. Dealer calls three days later says the tranny is being replaced and my clutch has half life remaining. Paid $550 to have a new oem clutch and flywheel as well. I'm at 27k and clutch is vibing bad at 1500rpm. Maybe its me but in 23 years I have owned 5 manuals. From a STI to a Tacoma. No issues. This car pisses me off.

1slo5ohh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
Had to have my tob,pilot bearing replaced at 19k miles.
My tob on my 18 chirps for a few minutes when it's cold and been sitting a while. Car only has 3,000 miles, annoying problem to have with a brand new car.
Sponsored