Sponsored

Header bolt size

brad1601

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT auto Grabber Blue
I've picked up a set of headers that did not come with any header bolts,I thought it would be a 2 minute Google search to find out what size bolts I need for 2017 Coyote Mustang header... I was mistaken.

I've been digging through old threads trying to get to the bottom of if they should be M10 1.25 X 25 bolts, or M10 1.5 X 25 bolts and can't seem to find a solid answer.

Places like stage8 bolts say any coyote from sometime in 2011 onwards should be M10 X 1.5 X 25, and yet there is a thread on here from a guy with 15 model saying his were 1.25, not 1.5 pitch?

Has anyone done headers on a 17+ and can tell me what they found? I just don't want to have the wrong bolts come install day

Cheers,

Brad.
Sponsored

Volstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Like to know what you learn about the bolts. I’m in the same situation. Seems like many of the headers come with 2 different size bolts because you could have either one.

OP
OP

brad1601

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT auto Grabber Blue
Like to know what you learn about the bolts. I’m in the same situation. Seems like many of the headers come with 2 different size bolts because you could have either one.
Mate I'll be able to tell you what I find by this weekend, I plan on putting them in on Saturday.

After many hours of trawling the web I feel pretty confident they will be M10 1.25 X 25 but I will post up what I find on my 17 model this weekend.