NASTY POT HOLE

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R''Ken'' 2016 GT350 2020 GT "Mollie"
Coming Home from work on Friday I hit a pot hole that caused some damage. From what I can feel/tell the steering wheel is off center there is a visible flat spot on the front right rim and the rear right rim has a small chunk missing also there was a message that flashed briefly ADVANCED something service and then went away. I took it to the dealer and called my ins. company. I received a call today saying that they would do an alignment and go from there and it might take up to three months to get it fix B/C the last GT350 that had a similar issue had parts on back order . The insurance guy also said if it took any longer than three months they would call it a total loss. what do you guys think?
Sponsored

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
That sucks. Hope it goes well for you.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Man that must’ve been a bitch of a pothole...
I haven’t heard of a time lag on parts being the cause of a totaled vehicle before but then again, I don’t work in the industry...
I’d say if they do total it, buy it back (at a significant discount) and repair.
If you can, could you post the parts list??
Thanks and Good Luck!!

tedj101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby 350GT Steeda springs, sways, camber plates, toe links etc: 14 BMW 328d
Coming Home from work on Friday I hit a pot hole that caused some damage. From what I can feel/tell the steering wheel is off center there is a visible flat spot on the front right rim and the rear right rim has a small chunk missing also there was a message that flashed briefly ADVANCED something service and then went away. I took it to the dealer and called my ins. company. I received a call today saying that they would do an alignment and go from there and it might take up to three months to get it fix B/C the last GT350 that had a similar issue had parts on back order . The insurance guy also said if it took any longer than three months they would call it a total loss. what do you guys think?
A couple of thoughts. First, I think the dealer is covering his ass by trying to control your expectations. He's overdoing it! Second, I think the message you got was that the stability control system needs to be serviced (don't ask me how I know). I would guess that the right front ABS sensor failed to send a signal momentarily. When an ABS sensor fails, you get a cascade of messages since that sensor is hooked into more systems than you can imagine. In this case, I suspect that the loss of signal was momentary and the warning was not confirmed so it went away - sort of. If you had the Forscan software, I would bet that a message was left (readable by the dealer) saying that a particular fault occurred but was not confirmed subsequently. Third, you may have bent something in the RF area (or even possibly the rear). Unless the bend is pretty big, that can be hard to diagnose. Hope things work out for you.

Best,
<TED>

OP
OP
JZTRK

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
I got a call from the dealer today they did an alignment and the camber was off after that they gave it a once over and found that the lower control arm is bent the hub is bad and the front and rear wheels are bent.
I went back to the pot hole to get some pictures of it and it has been fixed my guess is that I was not the only victim

Sponsored

OP
OP
JZTRK

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
I got my car back only to send it right back after getting home. The total damage was just under 4k. parts replaced lower control arm,spindle knuckle and front and rear rims with new units and an two alignments
when I got home I went to torque the lug nuts only to find all 10 tweaked like the wrong size socket was used. after that I jacked up the car to check out the new rims and found multiple bite marks on the inside of both wheels.
The dealer said they will replace the lug nuts and send the rims out for repair. that was last week

gww52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
GT500
So they treat your car like it's some 20 year old POS with steel rims!
No wonder I never take my car back!

Sponsored

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I got to ask, do you have the original McGards Lug Nuts? If so, those are trash and they will continue to become trashed. I would rather ask the dealer to give you credit and purchase 1 piece Gorilla Lug Nuts because the OEM McGards are 2 piece and the piece that gets trashed is made out of plastic which becomes wore out after ANY socket use over time.

OP
OP
JZTRK

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
yes still the OEM lug nuts. So this morning I went to pick up the car at the dealership and the wheel looks worse than the initial damage it looks like they sanded down the bite marks and used body filler and then just painted the whole wheel black. it has paint runs and orange peel every where. I called the GM and left him a message about the situation and said that the wheel needs to flat out be replaced and if not I would cancel my Raptor order

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
Know whats a dying breed anymore and soon to be extinct?

Competent Service Departments!!

My god I understand Ford as a company is an absolute mess right now but thats no excuse for the dealerships to be too!!

Man Id lose my mind.

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Get rid of the OEM wheel locks. They blow and will only cause you more headaches down the road. Literally, next time you, yourself, try to do any wheel work you're going to have an awful time because your torque at 150 LBS which is the requirement will destroy these wheel locks over time. It's not the first few times their used it's the next couple. Please, it will also look great too so it's a win, win.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/gorilla...style-bulge-black-chrome-2015-2019/p/WHLLN28/

OP
OP
JZTRK

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
update* gorilla lug nuts and a new wheel will be paid for by dealer and getting 2,800 knocked off of the sticker price on my raptor order
Sponsored