Another dead battery thread

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
My car sat for 19 days with the almarm on no issue this summer.

Pull the battery and have it tested.
Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
For anything longer then a week storage, it should be on a tender. It actually helps the life of your battery. Bmws have this problem, if left for extended periords the battery will drain.

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
I had not driven the car for a few weeks. It also sat at the dealer one month in storage over last winter before i picked the car up. Mustangs are known to have battery drain issues. It seems this car as well. I replaced the battery over a month ago no issue currently. The car has sat for over two weeks without being driven. If your auto start key fob will not operate , your battery is weak. The car could still start from the push button inside.:cool:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Not really - I left it already twice for two week periods when I was on overseas business trips and nobody touched it during those - started with absolutely no problem after I was back.
I agree. the car is pretty proactive about lights left on, etc. For example after a wash, I leave all the doors, trunk, hood open in the garage for a while to speed up drying in nooks and crannies. The lights all turn themselves off in short order. When I bought a dash cam I got one that monitors voltage and shuts off if there is a relatively small drop.

Last edited:

Rwardjr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I just got home from being gone only 4 days and the battery is dead. I went to apply the charger and the negative terminal clamp lifted off the post. It was just sitting there. I hope there’s no more issue than that.

Nice prep by Planet Ford in Spring.

Sponsored

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Had to replace the battery...totally dead...I forgot to plug in the battery minder for two weeks. So the OEM battery lived for about 3 years...even after several complete drain downs.

OneFordGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT
I know the light on my battery is orange. Never any problem starting it though and everything seems to work fine.

I think my power magic pro for my dash cam might be the culprit. I have iet to cut the power when voltage drops to 11.8v. Not sure if the drain on the battery until 11.8v has caused battery to weaken (or whatever the orange light indicates).
I too have dash cams, a 2 channel DR650 in my Mustang and a Thinkware 2 channel in my focus, I have them both set at 12.2v. That’s supposedly the recommended voltage.
Sponsored