Sponsored

Built/sleeved motor failed | Any coyote experts?

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Bring up?
If you're sending the thing on the strip, c85, and plug changes (or at least pulling the plug) every run are what I would call smart. EGT Probe IMHO is the best way to do things. But that requires doing your own research as to what EGT levels you want to see. So its super helpful, if you know what you're doing.
Are you running a Holley or something?
Road course (durability not absolute hp) Twin Turbo on a 2018/19. Project is at least 12 months out. If gulf hurricane this season gets us some flood damaged 2018/2019 in auction for second track build car...
Delayed TT as tracking a rattling piston to see if cylinder walls and piston holds up stock. Dont care if motor gets killed off and I get a new one. Just prefer delay as long as possible to hopeful get revised version they are currently working on...
Sponsored

GT2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NADA BRAH
Road course (durability not absolute hp) Twin Turbo on a 2018/19. Project is at least 12 months out. If gulf hurricane this season gets us some flood damaged 2018/2019 in auction for second track build car...
Delayed TT as tracking a rattling piston to see if cylinder walls and piston holds up stock. Dont care if motor gets killed off and I get a new one. Just prefer delay as long as possible to hopeful get revised version they are currently working on...
For a road course car, I don't think you need EGT. I was thinking in terms of sleeved setups and how much power people push with that level of build.

If you're doing a road course twin turbo, you just need to make sure your tuner sets the car up well for that. That means have a fat enough mixture, a conservative timing curve so you're making most cylinder pressure from boost, and a nice even boost curve. That way you don't get any spiking in temps or cylinder pressures and motor should live a happy life.

Just make sure you invest in a good cooling setup. That's where you should spend extra money if you're road racing.

OP
OP
isedawishy

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Supposedly it was going to ship out last Thursday or Friday and it didn't. Asked for an update and nothing.

Today makes it 167 days