Sponsored

Corsa Touring Axle Backs with Mishimoto H Pipe

tybo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017 convertible Performance
Sorry to write so late, but I discovered recently your videos on Youtube, and I am greatly interested to use those resonators too with a Magnaflow Competition with an H-Pipe.
This is a project.
The website AmericanMuscle.com told me the Mishimoto H-Pipe would be the best to avoid raspiness and droning. But it's the most expensive.

And cutting it to weld the Vibrant resonators should made it loosing its main asset compared to the others : the second little thing between the 2 pipes. So I am now thinking of the HeartThrob or the brand new Pypes which are a lot cheaper, and if I need to cut it , why wasting more money ? :)
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Sorry to write so late, but I discovered recently your videos on Youtube, and I am greatly interested to use those resonators too with a Magnaflow Competition with an H-Pipe.
This is a project.
The website AmericanMuscle.com told me the Mishimoto H-Pipe would be the best to avoid raspiness and droning. But it's the most expensive.

And cutting it to weld the Vibrant resonators should made it loosing its main asset compared to the others : the second little thing between the 2 pipes. So I am now thinking of the HeartThrob or the brand new Pypes which are a lot cheaper, and if I need to cut it , why wasting more money ? :)
The drone in this setup is the magnaflow comp mufflers. Those are notorious for drone.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
do you have a catback already?

tybo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017 convertible Performance
do you have a catback already?
Nope.
It's a project.
To be really precise, I have a 2017 GT convertible.

My first thoughts, after hearing a lot of Cat and axle backs, were to combine Magnaflow Competition and the Mishimoto H pipe. But the droning reputation of the Competition is thrilling me a lot.
What a pity Magnaflow doesnt offert the Street Cataback in a H pipe version, or the Foose Edition, in axleback..

Anyway, I think I am going the same way than Bobpies, even it's A LOT more expansive than the Magnaflow! And i used to think the Magnaflow was expensive!!!!

My problem now is to find an European dealer for Corsa Performance....

Vil Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
European Mustang GT 2017 pack premium
Here we Goooooo!

perfect combo love it!

[ame]

The trumpety BRAAHHHH is completely gone as is all the rasp - just a really nice grumbly / throaty tone now

Heres all three together for comparisons sake
[ame]
Would you publish a photography of your H pipe with the Vibrant Performance resonators. Where did you cut the H pipe to Weld the resonators?

Sponsored

BigBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT - 10spd Auto, Performance Pack Lvl 1
Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonators help with rasp and drone fyi, just a bit pricier and harder to fit in the exhaust stream

BradleyMac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Lincoln MKC & 2010 F150
I have the Mishimoto GT Pro Axel Back (which effectively don't have a muffler as such) with the Heartthrob H pipe. The sound is absolutely awesome, a very deep growl, no rasp just a deep bubble or two when your off the throttle after high revs. However, it is just a little on the loud side for me in the neighborhood, livable but definitely gets attention when your on the throttle. Slight drone.

I ended up going with the CJ Pony Magnaflow Resonated X pipe which was a direct fit for the current Heartthrob H pipe and kept the Mishimoto GT Pro Axel Back . The tone/sound surprisingly stayed very similar to the H pipe set up, but the overall volume was reduced enough that I can now comfortably drive through the neighborhood. Also zero drone. When I get on the throttle its plenty loud, but not obnoxious. I get alot of thumbs up from other drivers and surprisingly get a lot of motorcycle drivers who for some reason seem to love the sound, after following me for a while I've had several pull up beside me, tap their helmets and give the big thumbs up.

Vil Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
European Mustang GT 2017 pack premium
The 3.5" one would be slightly quieter than the 4" one. Because of the design, the length has more of an affect on the tone/volume than the total volume, though the volume does matter. They're very nearly the same on resonating chamber volume.
Hello BmaciL,
What do you think about Variant 4" resonators combined with Corsa Sport catback (Corsa Touring axleback + double Xpipe).
I'm looking for something which sound like Bobpies exhaust (loud, no raspy with no drone) but easier to fit.
Sponsored